Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Lottery

I am a little disturbed by the story of the family that won the biggest lotto jack pot in history. There whole world seemed to fall apart for them. My question is this: If you won the lottery what would you do? I would first hire an attorney to handle all of my affairs. I would then set aside a trust fund for my two girls and pay off all of my debt. I would then fly all of my friends from the NAVY down and have the biggest kegger Texas has ever seen. I could not fathom what winning the lotto would be like but I would hope that I would use my head just a little at first before I went crazy.

What about you guys?
    When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

I'd hire someone really good with money and someone else who's good with laws to help me take care of all the stuff.

I'd invenst a lot of it, but of course leave enough to play and help others out.

#1 rule, anyone who asks for money, will never get it!

Aside from that, I might actually consider going to work even though I didn't need to.. at least for a few more years.

Best line from former wacky prez candidate Ross Peroit.
    The lottery is just a tax on the stupid....I love that line.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Dice is right...

You might as well waste your time and money following armored trucks down the road, waiting for the doors to swing open, and the money to fall out.

Stupid tax. I like that.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

I`d buy a top of the line waterheater,,

Originally posted by bigbird
    I`d buy a top of the line waterheater,,
    How about a heated birdbath?

Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Now your talking, with gold fictures that spray perfumed water on my chickens.I might get carried away & fix the oil leaks on my pick-up truck.

Lectric. I'd git lectric ta the house. And water. No more haulin' water from the waterin' hole. Oooo, and plumbin'. Indoor plumbin'. Shoot, I'd git a floor. Yeah, no more weed pullin' in the livin'room. And a cover fer the house...one of them roofs.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

quit all endeavors, buy a peice of choice property, and build my dream home. Build it all myself.

You aint ****t'n nickles Many D's. A few hundred acres in the country and a nice home in the middle. The people that call me now I'll hook up the ones that come out of the woodwork can KMA.

Originally posted by bootlen
    Lectric. I'd git lectric ta the house. And water. No more haulin' water from the waterin' hole. Oooo, and plumbin'. Indoor plumbin'. Shoot, I'd git a floor. Yeah, no more weed pullin' in the livin'room. And a cover fer the house...one of them roofs.
    I knew it...LOL
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me...
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

I never had any trouble managing my money. I wouldn't waste a lot of it to have people tell me what to do with it if I ever came into a windfall. That is just my New England attitude. So if I ever buy a lottery ticket then I can worry about it then.

After collecting the cheque Id have my service van towed to the office with the keys in the ign, Id follow in a limo and go in and tell my boss what I really think of him.

1 Id go into hiding right away

2 Id put 5% in a 3 yr term deposit right away with the intrest going into another account
    3 Id put 5% into a 5 yr term deposit right away with the intrest going into another account
    4 Id put 5% into a 7 yr term deposit right away with the intrest going into another account
    5 Id put 5% into a 10 yr term deposit right away with the intrest going into another account
    6 Id spread out 10 to 20% to friends and relatives according to how they treated me prior to winning the lottery ONCE and tell them thats all they are going to get
    7 Id allow my self to blow 10% to get it out of my system
    8 Id travel allot and see the world first class.
    9 Id buy a nice private home in Austraila on the gold coast one with a dock and waterview.
    10 Id give 5 to 10 % to local charities that assist young people to get started in life, to local womens shelters, to local food banks.
    11 I WOULD NEVER let a lawyer handle the money I would let an accountant maybe
    12 trust funds for my kids that they would not know about untill they were 30 yrs old and have been taught how to handle their finances

www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast