Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    387

    Potato candy anyone

    mmmmmmm almost that time of the year to start making the delicious potato candy, if you have never tried it I strongly recommend it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,486
    Uh yeah,,,,we post recipes here, if youre gonna talk about it tell us how to make it.
    Especially if you know how to make Marie Callenders chocolate silk pies.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Uh yeah,,,,we post recipes here, if youre gonna talk about it tell us how to make it.
    Especially if you know how to make Marie Callenders chocolate silk pies.
    Its one of those things I usually shoot from the hip with but you know when it looks right at this point

    um I usually start with mashing two potatos, NO LUMPS
    spread a layer of powder sugar on the cutting board
    lay the potatos out and flatten them with the dough roller
    powder sugar the flattened mashed potatoes
    ball it together then roll it again
    then spread a full jar of creamy peanut butter over the layer of potato
    Roll it up like you would a poster
    place in fridge for about an hour then cut the roll you made into pieces and eat



    I love it, anything that wasnt clear ask and Ill try to explain better but basically just mashed potato, powder sugar, and peanut butter

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Bob View Post
    Its one of those things I usually shoot from the hip with but you know when it looks right at this point

    um I usually start with mashing two potatos, NO LUMPS
    spread a layer of powder sugar on the cutting board
    lay the potatos out and flatten them with the dough roller
    powder sugar the flattened mashed potatoes
    ball it together then roll it again
    then spread a full jar of creamy peanut butter over the layer of potato
    Roll it up like you would a poster
    place in fridge for about an hour then cut the roll you made into pieces and eat



    I love it, anything that wasnt clear ask and Ill try to explain better but basically just mashed potato, powder sugar, and peanut butter
    If i was still drinking i would try potatoes and peanut butter, dont think i could try it now,i only eat the no sugar peanut butter
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    If i was still drinking i would try potatoes and peanut butter, dont think i could try it now,i only eat the no sugar peanut butter
    Well if you ever get bored or interested its delicious give it a try

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Current whereabouts unknown
    Posts
    639
    my grandmother used to make this , haven't had it in years. great stuff
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

    -- William Ernest Henley

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bennington, Vermont U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,864
    First I ever heard of that ! Sounds simply enough. I would imagine that you'd want the mashed potatoes kind of dry. Normally I add butter and milk to my mashed potatoes. I guess I wouldn't want to do that if it was for potato candy.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bennington, Vermont U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Bob View Post
    mmmmmmm almost that time of the year to start making the delicious potato candy, if you have never tried it I strongly recommend it
    Well Beaver Bob I tried your recipe. They sure did look purty. I brought them into work to try them out on the crew.

    Sorry but I got 2 thumbs down on this one. (and these guys will eat anytbing). One comment I got was, "if he calls this candy then he must have never had a childhood !"

    Any how I mixed them up with flour and an egg, Then I baked them for my fur-grandchildren. Zeus will eat them I'll bet. good doggy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event