Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Liebert isn't going anywhere ...

I know you're frustrated now, but I've found that if you want to do datacenters you will almost certainly deal with Liebert again. Once you get the problems resolved you will find that the equipment is solid and consistent, so a solution can be replicated on future projects...

MaxBurn, I am a WebCTRL tech and currently trying to interface ALC to Liebert's SiteLink-E (connected to 5 DS CRAC units each equipped with IntelliSlot 485). Can you please advise on how I can get a copy of the IGM driver and programs? Also, I know this is under your "notes" but is there an exemption to "Startup on the SiteLink"? Can Liebert also provide the software to configure the SiteLink-E? My project is not located in the U.S. and the local Liebert Tech rep here said that he has no experience setting up a SiteLink-E to interface with a BACnet backbone. Your input will be much appreciated.

Questions

With the 485 card why don't you pull modbus right out of the unit?

Specifically what 485 card is it?

Do you have IS-EXI cards in the units?

What about terminal 77/78?

Answers will determine options avail.

Thank you MaxBurn for your response. The directions I receive was to wire each IS485-EXI protocol cards to the SiteLink-12E ports. All of the indoor units (5 each) are equipped with IS485-EXI cards. Terminals 77 and 78 is not being utilized (I believe it's not available). What are the available options I have?

MaxBurn, I just went to make sure that terminals 77 and 78 are not available in the indoor unit for Sitescan.

Ok those cards can do velocity or IGM, no modbus or bacnet. The velocity driver for the sitelink is off the table to be given to third party. Same for the software although you could in theory buy that or use webctrl. That leaves you with IGM and the LAM program which emulates the older liebert advanced micro ac units, not as much data as the DS iCOM is capable of these days. But if you can't get a sitescan tech on site you can't really go this route because we don't just email the drivers and equipment files that I know of, we are told not to anyway.

Honestly I think you are best off returning the sitelink and IS-EXI cards and trading up to some IS-IPBML cards for those units. That gets you modbus or bacnet over IP. Cards are easy to install, configure and integrate to.
    http://www.emersonnetworkpower.com/e...s/SL-28170.pdf
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

Thank you very much for your input. I will definitely suggest/request to trade the modules I have now with IS-IPBML cards. I assume that once I swap the IS cards that I will be able easily "discover" the network points from WebCTRL.

You have to put a IP in the card to get it on the network and then I believe you have to turn on bacnet, all through terminal DB9 9600 8N1. Then you should be able to discover and define the points using the doc I linked above.
    Scott Jalbert

Makes a lot of sense, Maxburn.. Really, I appreciate your support! Hopefully they will agree to trade it.

MaxBurn, one last question, is it possible to order the SiteLink-E and IS485-EXI cards pre-configured from the factory or does the configuration needs to take place at the job site after installation?

I think they have done that before, but as it bypasses us I wouldn't know much about it.
    Scott Jalbert

Got it! Thanks MaxBurn!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12