Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Liebert SiteLink-E to WebCTRL announcement

Little announcement here on a change of policy we just had. Previously we were not to release any drivers or programs to WebCTRL techs for the SiteLink-E, which caused problems for some sites that were doing this with our older SiteLink 2mb module.*

We now have an IGM driver for the SiteLink-E along with a library of programs and graphics for our equipment that we are allowed to release to WebCTRL techs.*

Some things to note:
    -Startup on the SiteLink by Liebert must be performed, we also make sure the equipment we are talking to is set up right to talk to the SiteLink.
    -We will give you the equipment program and graphic bezel for the equipment that is on site.
    -We still aren't allowed to work on the WebCTRL system.*
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

Odd, not sure where those stars came from.
    Scott Jalbert

They must be for the fine print notes that are hidden at the bottom of the post.

* NOTE: OPEN-Systems are available in principle ONLY. We do not wish to imply that our products can, or indeed will, ACTUALLY communicate with other vendors. In any case, whether or not an OPEN system can be deployed for your site is mainly a political question that has absolutely NOTHING to do with what the customer wants, needs, or expects.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Yeah, I knew you all would think that. Too bad no edit.

Anyway we have been pushing for policy to play a little nicer with everyone and it's nice to see it happen.
    Scott Jalbert

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    ...Some things to note:
    -Startup on the SiteLink by Liebert must be performed, we also make sure the equipment we are talking to is set up right to talk to the SiteLink.

-We still aren't allowed to work on the WebCTRL system.*
    Something that I was just pondering about is that if you cannot work on the WebCTRL system how do you know that the ALC guy commissioned it correctly?

There has been some debate about how that works and basically we have to work with the WebCTRL tech to configure the ports on the SiteLink. What we are saying is we can't be called in by the customer to work on a system that isn't ours.
    Scott Jalbert

Max, I'm glad to hear about the change. I know here in my area, it was a problem with some customers.

I have always been for having Liebert on site to do the interface commissioning, especially on new stuff and big systems. Some of that older stuff had those funky alarm buffer issues and those guys knew all of that. Not to say that I haven't commissioned my share of CRAC unit interfaces, once you have done one there isn't too much to it, but little things like wrong buffer numbers cause problems that would never have happened.

The last part I think is just saying that Liebert can't service a WebCtrl system which makes sense too, nor should I be able to service a SiteScan Web system. Even though ALC makes both your modules and mine, we both know that I can't buy yours and you can't buy mine, therefore neither can properly provide proper service.

ALC does it's part in that deal too, I once ran into an issue with old legacy Sitelink 12s that needed upgraded. I could buy the 2mb memory upgrade a whole lot cheaper than my local Liebert rep would sell them to me for, but ALC Tech Support would not even answer my question if the ALC version would work. I had to buy 12 upgrades and we had the rep come in and commission them with us.
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

Is there an official statement ...

Is there any official note on Liebert's site indicating this new policy?

Not on the public site that I am aware of, these things are circulated on market memos.
    Scott Jalbert

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    * NOTE: OPEN-Systems are available in principle ONLY. We do not wish to imply that our products can, or indeed will, ACTUALLY communicate with other vendors. In any case, whether or not an OPEN system can be deployed for your site is mainly a political question that has absolutely NOTHING to do with what the customer wants, needs, or expects.
    No kidding... They've made 3 trips to our jobsite and have done nothing but point fingers and make excuses then leave. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed350x View Post
    No kidding... They've made 3 trips to our jobsite and have done nothing but point fingers and make excuses then leave. What a joke.
    Thank you for using the search on the forum to find the word Liebert. Unfortunately we can do nothing for you because you are just venting and not asking questions. Suggest you start your own thread if you actually want help here.
    Scott Jalbert

Not really worried about it, our sales team has dropped liebert completely due to the headaches involved with dealing with them and their technical team. Glad to say we won't have to deal with them any more after this job is over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast