Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker were killed by a posse in an ambush in Louisiana. The posse consisting of Texas and Louisiana peace officers was lead by Texas Ranger Frank Hamer. But it was not a roadblock type ambush as implied by a question in Cool Cwiz.

Ivan Methvin lured Clyde into the ambush by removing a rear tire on his pickup to make it look like he was changing a flat tire. When Barrow stopped to see if he needed assistance, the posse opened fire. Methvin did this as part of a deal to keep his son Henry, a member of the Barrow Gang, out of jail.

Related Fact: In 1933, a .45 slug would only make a dent in the metal of cars build by the Ford Motor Company.

Hey, I believe you....but your appeal is still denied.........
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Related Fact: In 1933, a .45 slug would only make a dent in the metal of cars build by the Ford Motor Company.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

What is your source for this "fact"?
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

A jacketed .45 would absolutely go through the metal of a car in those days. Perhaps a non-jacked lead bullet may not always have made it through. There are many different .45 ammo types. Many would make it through even in those days. It depends upon the bullet and the powder type and number of grains in the shell.

The .45 remains one of the most potent rounds around. Plus, the old Colt 1911 remains one of the top contenders for a handgun to this day in spite of all the new semiautos available. Imagine, a design that old that continues to be a serious military, law enforcement and personal protection handgun! The .45 caliber could have easily made it through car doors of old.

Norm is right about the 45

The .45 was developed because the military was using the .38 at the time and the .38 just was not stopping the enemy. The .45 round did the job. Our modern military took a step down from the .45 to the 9mm for the official handgun round.

I have fired hundrends of .38, 9mm, .45 and .357 rounds side by side into all sorts of objects to compare them. The .45 is very impressive. In fact, the .45 is rated as having the most one round stops in gun fights than any other round.

I own a arsenal, here are just a few. If I had to use one gun and had a split second to grab one it would be (the one to the left) the 45

I have seen the car and it has a zillion holes in it.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Nice arsenal James. Would you mind sending them to me for awhile. I have a few neighbors....... I will send them back promptly. I will wear gloves.

Originally posted by geno54
    Nice arsenal James. Would you mind sending them to me for awhile. I have a few neighbors....... I will send them back promptly. I will wear gloves.
    Cannot ship to California! Barbara Boxer and Diane Fienstien have seen to that. Even though Diane is one of the few who has a California CCW. Gun control is a matter of who has them, not getting rid of them! Many so called anti gunners are actually gun owners.

Oh my, I can see this thread getting moved to a certain other.

However it happened, the movie was one of my favorite gangstar movies as a kid. Along with Dillinger, and Macon County Line was cool to.

I think Nev got his wires crossed again. What the fact is in the 1930s the 357M was developed to penetrate engine blocks of fleeing cars.

Hey James...you grab your cannon and I will grab my 12 gauge pump ambush buster.(in the house) dont have to aim

[Edited by tin_fab on 01-08-2005 at 12:03 AM]

The 45 ACP has a relatively slow muzzle velocity, but it has a very high muzzle force. Being a bigger round makes inertia is its friend. The military switched to the DiceMM for the additional firepower. The 45s seven in the chamber and one in the pipe is a little shy for combat.

I do love my Colt Combat Commander though, it’s hard to beat.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast