Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All I can say is good thing his kids wern't there

Chester County House Explodes
    No Known Cause Yet

There was a house explosion that left one man critically injured. It happened early Thursday morning in Elk Township, Chester County.

The victim is being treated in the burn unit at Crozier-Chester. Forty-seven-year-old Nelson Crews is clinging to life at the burn center. Witnesses say he was conscious and talking shortly after his house suddenly exploded.

About the only thing left standing was a toilet. Firefighters arrived only to find remnants of a two-story house, a house that went up in smoke shortly after a massive explosion.

"It was like an earthquake."
    Janet Hays lives next door. The former paramedic sprang into action when she saw her neighbor, 47-year-old Nelson Crews lying on the ground.
    Janet Hays/NEIGHBOR:

"I looked out the back door and there was stuff flying, landing on our house so I came over and saw that he was 10 feet away from the house."
    Through all the smoke and rubble, Hays and passing trash collectors pulled her neighbor to safety and stayed by his side until rescue crews arrived. She says the explosion occurred around 9:30 this morning, and that Crews, who lives alone, was in bed when his 2-story house blew up.
    "He was blown from the house. The explosion shook everything, took everything out of my cupboards, everything. He was just burned everywhere."
    Other neighbors told police they felt the explosion five miles away. The question is why? What cause the house to explode?
    Tpr. James Dewalt/Pennsylvania State Police:

"We're in the preliminary stage of our investigation. We really don't know right now."
    What investigators do know is that it's short of a miracle that anyone got out of the house alive. Indications are one dog may be missing. Nelson Crews lived alone. His only family, two young children, reside in Ireland with their mother.

Sounds like a natural gas leak. I've seen pilot safties fail. Or it could have been underground gas leak followed piping into the house if it was in an old neighborhood.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Single home don't know how old. In the pic all that was left standing was the toilet.

I'd be willing to bet he was attempting to fix his gas heater

Read at the same time....
    "click click click click click"
    "hisssssssssssssssssssssssssss"

Talking

We had a similar case here in Savannah. The kids parents went out of town and he decided to burn the house down. After spreading three cans of gas around the house, he was almost finished with the last can when the phone rang....BOOM. No more kid and no more house. I bet it was his parents calling him. LOL. Gotta love it.

He had the local plumbers union over for a burrito eating contest. It was too cold to open the windows. One of em let up a cigar after he won the "golden burrito" award.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    He had the local plumbers union over for a burrito eating contest. It was too cold to open the windows. One of em let up a cigar after he won the "golden burrito" award.
    ROFLMAO See now that's what I'm talk'en bout

Dice you have a twisted sense of humor funny as all get out and twisted. Did you ever consider stand up comedy as a second line you should

I wondered what ever became of....

the Flying Burrito Brothers.

Noel

Hmmmm from the clues given in the article it is pretty obvious that the guy is a terrorist in the Irish Republican Army. He was messing around with a home made bomb and it went off. Or it could have been the burrittos.

Gotta go with the burrito theory

With the toilet still standing and the guy being burnt to a crisp it gives the term "feels like my a-hole is on fire" a whole new meaning!!

[Edited by rob10 on 01-07-2005 at 01:10 PM]

Yes, that and the fact all the survivors were speaking in mexican after the explosion.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I nailed it first Dice. Natural Gas/ 1000 plumbers eatin burritos...same thing.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

remember something like that happening about 15 years ago and it blew up a house and damaged about a 3-block square area. As it ended up after about a year of investigation they came to the conclusion that he was probably manufactureing some kind of drugs. I dont know if they ever really proved it but it was kind of funny how after it happened they were trying to bame it on little things that I dont think would have ever done it. I heard at first He had a bottle of r12 in his basement and they first claimed that might be it. I only heard that once and figured thats not it . But when I heard they figured it was drug manufacturing ...... I thought , well that could be. No clue what that consists of and that was the last I heard of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast