Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    I find it humorous that there are posters that are right of mind complaining about those that are not only wanting to argue. I recall, maybe a year and a half ago many of these same posters saying the same of me. I recall my sanity being called into question for asking 'why' and not accepting the party line.

Now days I can ask 'why' and get a thought out response. Now the question is 'why' the change in perception to my posts? Is it because the posters have seen that I did not get dragged into mindless tit-for-tat cliches of 'oh the other side sucks' and 'the country is worse since your type got into power'. No I built my case as best I could and conceded that I was wrong when I did get confronted with evidence that I could not explain away.

So how is now different than then? A few new guys show up and some of their posts drip of rhetoric (To be fair there has also been a number of posts that actually are well thought out or at least enough for the making of intelligent discussion.) Rather than lead by example in giving thought out responses to counter the rhetoric and showing the level of debate we expect on these pages, there has been a lot of... ...well, personal comments.

Now if I would have taken the personal comments route when I was first starting out I doubt half of the people who now answer my posts would do so today. Their posts are thought out and do not contain any 'liberal bashing' as they know I expect better from them.

So rather than just bashing the new guys (all two of them, hoards and hoards of... ...well, two of them) how about lead by example and show the type of posts you expect of them. If their posts do not measure up by all means comment that it was the lazy way out and show them what a real post should look like.

Mind you it is just easier to bash them.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I find it humorous that there are posters that are right of mind complaining about those that are not only wanting to argue. I recall, maybe a year and a half ago many of these same posters saying the same of me. I recall my sanity being called into question for asking 'why' and not accepting the party line.

Now days I can ask 'why' and get a thought out response. Now the question is 'why' the change in perception to my posts? Is it because the posters have seen that I did not get dragged into mindless tit-for-tat cliches of 'oh the other side sucks' and 'the country is worse since your type got into power'. No I built my case as best I could and conceded that I was wrong when I did get confronted with evidence that I could not explain away.

So how is now different than then? A few new guys show up and some of their posts drip of rhetoric (To be fair there has also been a number of posts that actually are well thought out or at least enough for the making of intelligent discussion.) Rather than lead by example in giving thought out responses to counter the rhetoric and showing the level of debate we expect on these pages, there has been a lot of... ...well, personal comments.

Now if I would have taken the personal comments route when I was first starting out I doubt half of the people who now answer my posts would do so today. Their posts are thought out and do not contain any 'liberal bashing' as they know I expect better from them.

So rather than just bashing the new guys (all two of them, hoards and hoards of... ...well, two of them) how about lead by example and show the type of posts you expect of them. If their posts do not measure up by all means comment that it was the lazy way out and show them what a real post should look like.

I don't know what you just said but are you bashing me too LOL?

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I don't know what you just said but are you bashing me too LOL?
    Just a little but not much, as your posts have evolved since your recent arrival on these pages. Seems that you have gotten into the swing of things but it might take others a little while to realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    I belong to the human being party. Who wants to join me?
    I'm game, how many members do we have now?
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

Wonder why they changed their tune and brought me on board.
    Maybe because the tune wasn't changed and the excuse is just that and not the truth.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

On this forum:

Right-wing: correct

Open-mind: wrong

Why I got kicked off the ARP committee.
    You got kicked off the ARPC because you threw your own team under the bus in the public forum. Instead of discussing your concerns behind closed doors, you came here and criticized us, and was less than factual in your allegations.

Admin removed you from the committee.

Quote Originally Posted by o-ring View Post
    What's your inference? some of us are not quite right in the head or have taken to many rights to the head?
    I've heard that your liberals and your conservatives are not the same as here...or is that just in the ole homeland (U.K.)? Or is it the right and the left are the opposite of what they are considered here....maybe that's it!

Guess I should have said us Americans don't know you Canadians right from left
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    You got kicked off the ARPC because you threw your own team under the bus in the public forum. Instead of discussing your concerns behind closed doors, you came here and criticized us, and was less than factual in your allegations.

Admin removed you from the committee.

Could care less really. Keep up the right-wing agenda and trying to brainwash everyone to think exactly like ya. Not gonna happen to me.

I'm too logical to give a rat's "you know what" about any of these political games. Looking at things right and left is a ridiculous notion to have and is an antiquated view.

Also, no one has the right to influence my life but myself. Not a republican or a democrat. I repeat, no one.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah you know Marc stayed on longer than most considering he violated the rules so much. I understand that he was allowed to stay on so long because of his contributions to the technical side kept getting him reprives, second and third chances so to speak.

He was smart and knew a lot but he was also way out there and pushed it way over the edge to many times. Thank you very much
    Marc is a good teacher, but not an innovator. Just like all of his rants on religion, all of Marc's tech information belongs to others. He even teaches the T.E.C.H. methods in his job, which are methods that another American member of this forum published.

I last heard that Marc was so full of himself that he had to have a marcsectomy which was not completely successful,
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Here's a guide to hunting liberals, now that they are on the run;
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Really printer?
    Sticking up for your children?
    You know full well exactly the kinda of liberals who come here solely to bash ANYTHING that doesnt fit their party line, until this post you werent one of them.
    Really disappointed , i thought you wanted to discuss things.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Marc is a good teacher, but not an innovator. Just like all of his rants on religion, all of Marc's tech information belongs to others. He even teaches the T.E.C.H. methods in his job, which are methods that another American member of this forum published.

I last heard that Marc was so full of himself that he had to have a marcsectomy which was not completely successful,
    Marc = king of copy and paste
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Could care less really. Keep up the right-wing agenda and trying to brainwash everyone to think exactly like ya. Not gonna happen to me.

I'm too logical to give a rat's "you know what" about any of these political games. Looking at things right and left is a ridiculous notion to have and is an antiquated view.

Also, no one has the right to influence my life but myself. Not a republican or a democrat. I repeat, no one.
    When did expressing one's opinion on an issue become brainwashing or part of an agenda?

It would appear that not all of us are strong enough to participate in an exchange of ideas.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast