Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 203
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,551

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by o-ring View Post
    I am right wing and I am considered leftist by some of the regulars on this site!
    If Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater were alive and active in politics today they would be considered liberal.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,551
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    If Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater were alive and active in politics today they would be considered liberal.

    Doubt that.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Doubt that.

    Barry Goldwater
    "I am a conservative Republican, but I believe in democracy and the separation of church and state. The conservative movement is founded on the simple tenet that people have the right to live life as they please as long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process."
    (in a 1994 Washington Post essay)
    "The religious factions will go on imposing their will on others,"

    "I don't have any respect for the Religious Right."

    "Every good Christian should line up and kick Jerry Falwell's ass."

    "A woman has a right to an abortion."



    There are many litmus tests on conservatives today that Ronald Reagan would fail. I will get links etc

    The fact is, is that it is the right that has become radical in recent years.

    I mean Nixon would be a flaming liberal by todays standards.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,507
    And Hubert Humphrey would be a fiscal conservative in comparison to the Democratic party of today.

    So would JFK.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,898
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Ach, you Canadians don't know your right from your left!
    LMAO
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

    - Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    And Hubert Humphrey would be a fiscal conservative in comparison to the Democratic party of today.

    So would JFK.
    So it seems you agree with my earlier post about Goldwater and Reagan? I just assume Nixon is a given.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,507
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    So it seems you agree with my earlier post?
    Not really. Your premise is that most conservatives don't agree with ideals such as separation of church and state, less government intrusion, etc. True conservatives absolutely do. But sometimes we see these issues a little different than libs do. For example; separation of church and state means religious freedom instead of telling a football coach he can't pray with his students, or a government worker they can't wear a Jesus pin on their blouse.

    Frankly, the entire political spectrum has moved to the left. Democrats are near-socialists and Republicans are the Democrats (part of the people) from maybe 40 years ago.

    True conservatives such as myself were becoming a rare bread. We seem to be making a comeback though.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Not really. Your premise is that most conservatives don't agree with ideals such as separation of church and state, less government intrusion, etc. True conservatives absolutely do. But sometimes we see these issues a little different than libs do. For example; separation of church and state means religious freedom instead of telling a football coach he can't pray with his students, or a government worker they can't wear a Jesus pin on their blouse.

    Frankly, the entire political spectrum has moved to the left. Democrats are near-socialists and Republicans are the Democrats (part of the people) from maybe 40 years ago.

    True conservatives such as myself were becoming a rare bread. We seem to be making a comeback though.
    What current conservative has consistant views with Barry Goldwater on those points?

  10. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,406
    All I know is that right after Geer disappeared we had bombs on airplanes and missles flying over California.....

    Coincidence?

    I will call Jesse Ventura right away.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,486
    Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Not really. Your premise is that most conservatives don't agree with ideals such as separation of church and state, less government intrusion, etc. True conservatives absolutely do. But sometimes we see these issues a little different than libs do. For example; separation of church and state means religious freedom instead of telling a football coach he can't pray with his students, or a government worker they can't wear a Jesus pin on their blouse.

    Frankly, the entire political spectrum has moved to the left. Democrats are near-socialists and Republicans are the Democrats (part of the people) from maybe 40 years ago.

    True conservatives such as myself were becoming a rare bread. We seem to be making a comeback though.
    Excellent post

    My point exactly, not that i disagree with what you said,as a conservative of sorts i wouldnt think poorly of you if we did disagree.

    Why are so many things turning personal here with the left?

    Why the barrage of flagged posts simply because someone disagrees with them.
    With a few exceptions most liberals come here simply to argue.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post

    Why are so many things turning personal here with the left?

    Why the barrage of flagged posts simply because someone disagrees with them.
    With a few exceptions most liberals come here simply to argue.
    Hogwash

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,486
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Hogwash
    Bingo
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event