Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help hooking up my heating and cooling unit.

Post Likes

Need help hooking up my heating and cooling unit.

MY BAD *******S!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sendherastar View Post
    I have a 3ton outside HEIL unit made in 1994 -- model # npahc36ak01. I called up the manufacturer on the phone the other day and they refused to help me, other than actually coming out. Don't want to pay them to do that because I know it's possible to hook it up myself.

But I'm having trouble figuring out what size duct work will work on it. Can anyone help me out?
    this is a joke..right?

Post Likes
    you're kidding right??????????????

why not go back to the page you filled out to be able to post that rediculous freakin' question and Read the RULES AGAIN
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    I think your bottom quote is ironic. how fun that is.

Excuse me, I didn't realize I did something wrong.

Post Likes
    I just want to say one more thing... I, in no way, was asking you to give me information on anything that was in anyway dangerous. All I was asking is if someone knew the size of Duct Work I could use. You people that replied on my post are straight up douchebags. There was no need for rudeness! I bet you people don't have many friends in the real world, you're too much of asses to get along with anyone.

Post Likes
    I just want to say one more thing... I, in no way, was asking you to give me information on anything that was in anyway dangerous. All I was asking is if someone knew the size of Duct Work I could use. You people that replied on my post are straight up douchebags. There was no need for rudeness! I bet you people don't have many friends in the real world, you're too much of asses to get along with anyone.
    Our point is this.

You asked us to violate the rules of this website. We won't do it.

What you are attempting is beyond the capabilities of most people to do CORRECTLY. I'm sure you are aware that doing something and doing it CORRECTLY are two very different things.

Yes, all you were asking about is ductwork, but it is still DIY and the rules are NO DIY advice.

The best advice any of us can give you is to call a qualified professional and pay them to do this job.

Post Likes
    You also asked a question that is impossible to answer anyway, and just by asking it showed you know absolutely nothing about what you are thinking of attempting to do.

Duct size depends on many factors-length, fittings, material, space, available static pressure, filter sizes and the list goes on........
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Our point is this.

You asked us to violate the rules of this website. We won't do it.

What you are attempting is beyond the capabilities of most people to do CORRECTLY. I'm sure you are aware that doing something and doing it CORRECTLY are two very different things.

Yes, all you were asking about is ductwork, but it is still DIY and the rules are NO DIY advice.

The best advice any of us can give you is to call a qualified professional and pay them to do this job.

Had it been explained that way from the beginning it would have been more civialized and appropriate. I was sent to this site from a friend who said he had hep basically rebuilding his entire furnance, so I assumed it was a safe question to ask...

I wasn't asking you to violate the rules; I just should have read them first.. but who really reads the rules and regulations really? so

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    You also asked a question that is impossible to answer anyway, and just by asking it showed you know absolutely nothing about what you are thinking of attempting to do.

Duct size depends on many factors-length, fittings, material, space, available static pressure, filter sizes and the list goes on........
    I thought this site was full of Professionals? Hmm. Guess not. Anyway, had we actually been able to have a conversation about my problem, then questions would have been asked and answered, giving more information about the unit and what - Lenghts, fittings, material, space, available static pressure, filter sizes, and that list that goes on could have been figured out...
    And you're right, I know nothing about it but that's why I was asking!

Post Likes
    I thought this site was full of Professionals? Hmm. Guess not. Anyway, had we actually been able to have a conversation about my problem, then questions would have been asked and answered, giving more information about the unit and what - Lenghts, fittings, material, space, available static pressure, filter sizes, and that list that goes on could have been figured out...
    And you're right, I know nothing about it but that's why I was asking!
    No, It can't be figured out over the internet, has to be done by an experienced person on site.
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    Had it been explained that way from the beginning it would have been more civialized and appropriate. I was sent to this site from a friend who said he had hep basically rebuilding his entire furnance, so I assumed it was a safe question to ask...

I wasn't asking you to violate the rules; I just should have read them first.. but who really reads the rules and regulations really? so
    lol, your friend put you together.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    No, It can't be figured out over the internet, has to be done by an experienced person on site.
    Okie dokie pokie. Not sure how you really know that but I'll take your word for it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    lol, your friend put you together.
    I can't tell if you're trying to insult me or just trying to be funny! Either way... I don't think that makes sense. lol

Post Likes

I can PROMISE you that nobody got help rebuilding an entire furnace here.

Post Likes
    I can't tell if you're trying to insult me or just trying to be funny! Either way... I don't think that makes sense. lol
    Not trying to insult you. Your friend either lied to you, or you embellished upon what he told you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    Not trying to insult you. Your friend either lied to you, or you embellished upon what he told you.
    no reason for him to lie!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I can PROMISE you that nobody got help rebuilding an entire furnace here.
    okie dokie! if you say so!

Post Likes
    This is awesome.

Post Likes
    okie dokie! if you say so!
    OK.

I've been a member here for over 2 years. I see DIYers like you get swatted down on a regular basis.

If your friend got help rebuilding a furnace, please find and post this link to the thread.

I'd LOVE to read it.

Post Likes
    I think the OP got the message. Dandy, next time just hit the report button or a more gentler reminder @ rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in