Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 79
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Nope!! You lose again. But thanks for playing!
    You really should stop assuming. You're gaining nothing by it.
    I know it is a losing battle lol. You say you have read the bill and I have explained aspects of it. I don't mind maybe somebody else is reading this and is getting something out of it. I don't look at this as a contest, it is interesting you refer to it that way.

    Darn I would have had another good sig line.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Huh??

    Seriously, stop trying to be cute, it's not working.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,856
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    This quote from you was a lot like Sarah Palin's talk at a school the other day.

    "No matter what you as a person want, they will force the foods on you that the program requires and you will pay...or else. "

    She brought 200 cookies as a kind of protest. I took a shot that you were familiar with that because of your related comment.
    Not trying to change your "subject" here pagey but what in the heck is that new "avatar" of yours supposed to mean or represent? Inquiring minds want to know. I'm sure it is something subversive or something like that. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Huh??

    Seriously, stop trying to be cute, it's not working.
    LOL I am responding in kind, and that is all.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    I see. NOT.

    Why don't you try to just have a conversation instead of 'reading into' everything and trying to stir up crap. I didn't post with a hidden agenda, nor did I post with anything other in mind than what I posted.

    Good day, I have sleep that is way more important than wrestling in the mud.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Not trying to change your "subject" here pagey but what in the heck is that new "avatar" of yours supposed to mean or represent? Inquiring minds want to know. I'm sure it is something subversive or something like that. Thank you, thank you very much.
    It is a brave little lady. It is a famous photo. I have had it hanging in my house for about 25 years. It is a photo of Dorothy Day.

    Since Beaver's avatar was taken down I felt mine was similar. It was a sign of good faith on my part lol.(Although Sarah P is not really a politician is she?) So I needed a new avatar. It should have been my first one.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    I see. NOT.

    Why don't you try to just have a conversation instead of 'reading into' everything and trying to stir up crap. I didn't post with a hidden agenda, nor did I post with anything other in mind than what I posted.

    Good day, I have sleep that is way more important than wrestling in the mud.
    Oh get over yourself, I was trying to have a conversation. You did not respond with facts just tired old spin and nothing behind it. GOOD DAY!

    Big deal I made a comment about cookies and had to explain it. HOLY CRAP

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,856
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    It is a brave little lady. It is a famous photo. I have had it hanging in my house for about 25 years. It is a photo of Dorothy Day.

    Since Beaver's avatar was taken down I felt mine was similar. It was a sign of good faith on my part lol.(Although Sarah P is not really a politician is she?) So I needed a new avatar. It should have been my first one.
    Appartently some law officers were upset with her. Must have been some sort of commie protest or something like that I guess from the appearance of the officers staring at her. Not surprised. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Appartently some law officers were upset with her. Must have been some sort of commie protest or something like that I guess from the appearance of the officers staring at her. Not surprised. Thank you very much.
    Pretty much lol

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,856
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Pretty much lol
    Care to elaborate? You know like when, where and what was she protesting? Got arrested, etc. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Care to elaborate? You know like when, where and what was she protesting? Got arrested, etc. Thank you, thank you very much
    That was probably for the Vietnam War but only guessing there. She was arrested several times. She was co-founder of the Catholic Worker in NYC. "Where workers are encouraged to become scholars , and scholars are encouraged to become workers in order that more understanding exist between the two." It is in the Bowery not to far from where the Twin Towers were. They have a newspaper called the Catholic Worker. They feed the poor and have a shelter and do whatever they can. They ask no questions, if you need help they will do what they can. They believe strongly in a persons dignity. People live there in voluntary poverty and serve their fellow man. Most people there are generally anarchists. Not the type of anarchists people usually think of. They are Christian anarchists in that they believe in helping each on a local level. Some are socialists which is really the exact opposite but they get along well. Each Catholic Worker is autonomous and has a different "flavor." As I said everything is done at a local level at the community level. Most are pacifists, all that I have met. I have helped start a couple of worker houses get off the ground several years back. Dorothy Day was a contemporary of Mother Theresa. They were very similar except Mother Theresa was not politically active really. My wife was a nun with Mother Theresa. I can give you more info if you like lol. Well you wanted some info on me that is more than I have told in years lol.

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    387
    Come on we got glenn in here to raise the flag against the commies

    Looks around for commies*..........crickets chirp
    Still not seeing any lol

    Dont worry Robo will be here soon enough to present some wild socialist out of this world nonsense

    But on a serious note if insurance companies werent so money hungry that they dropped terminally ill patients to save that extra dollar for themselves, this bill wouldnt be needed. When american lives are lost because lack of treatment because someone wanted to save a buck I feel it is perfectly acceptable for the gov't to step up and protect and ensure that those sick and dying are able to recieve healthcare, that is their job and all to govern right?

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,856
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    That was probably for the Vietnam War but only guessing there. She was arrested several times. She was co-founder of the Catholic Worker in NYC. .................
    Your avatar was not taken in NYC. From the looks of their uniform it appears that she was somewhere in the South or West and therefore was most likely in the South probably protesting for some "civil rights" cause.

    All the radicals had to come down here to get arrested in a civil rights protest especially in the late 50's and the 60's and she sure fits the bill to a tee. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event