Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    ...stop them from dropping people because of pre existing conditions, ...
    This would increase costs as they would have to provide services that they would otherwise deny.

It would also make people stick with the insurance provider that they had because the new provider would not have to cover an existing condition.

Single payer govt. run healthcare would get rid of the insurance companies that you are worried about in the 2nd paragraph.

How does the healthcare bill give more power to the insurance companies? The bill will limit administrative costs, stop them from dropping people because of pre existing conditions, health insurance exchanges will increase competition.
    The bill REQUIRES EVERYONE TO HAVE INSURANCE. (can you hear me now???) If that isn't giving the insurance companies a whole boatload more power I don't know what is! It's telling the insurance companies 'yeah, we're going to restrict this but hey, look at this pool of people that didn't have insurance--we're forcing them to be your customers now! They HAVE to buy your product and you can charge what ever you want because they will have to have it or else pay the gov't a penalty.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    This would increase costs as they would have to provide services that they would otherwise deny.

It would also make people stick with the insurance provider that they had because the new provider would not have to cover an existing condition.
    I can see the first comment with the healthcare bill.

The second scenario would not occur with the bill. People would be free to change jobs and or providers and still be covered.

Don't we all have to eat to exist? So, what is next, eating insurance? Sustenance assurance? Requiring you to pay a certain amount each month and someone will make sure you eat at least the bare minimum to keep you alive? No matter what you as a person want, they will force the foods on you that the program requires and you will pay...or else.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    The bill REQUIRES EVERYONE TO HAVE INSURANCE. (can you hear me now???) If that isn't giving the insurance companies a whole boatload more power I don't know what is! It's telling the insurance companies 'yeah, we're going to restrict this but hey, look at this pool of people that didn't have insurance--we're forcing them to be your customers now! They HAVE to buy your product and you can charge what ever you want because they will have to have it or else pay the gov't a penalty.
    I was asking you to explain your comments. Do you hear me now? True they would have more customers. They cannot charge whatever they want because administrative costs and therefore the % that goes for care is regulated. If administrative costs go over the consumer gets a rebate. Also in effect there would be no penalties. The only way a penalty can be collected is if the consumer overpays in income tax. That can easily be resolved if the person wanted to. There are no other means to force payment.

Also it seems if you are worried about businesses having too much power you would not be happy with the Citizens United Supreme Court decision. Am I right? I am just looking for something we can agree on lol.

Don't we all have to eat to exist? So, what is next, eating insurance? Sustenance assurance? Requiring you to pay a certain amount each month and someone will make sure you eat at least the bare minimum to keep you alive? No matter what you as a person want, they will force the foods on you that the program requires and you will pay...or else.
    But it is in the national interest to have a well fed healthy population. The US is the only major country that is willing to sell out part of its population. And all the while spending more on health care than every other country.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    But it is in the national interest to have a well fed healthy population. The US is the only major country that is willing to sell out part of its population. And all the while spending more on health care than every other country.
    Hey that is our God given right lol.

Somehow I feel this post should come with 200 cookies like the ones Sarah Palin brought to the school she was paid 75k to speak at.

I was asking you to explain your comments. Do you hear me now? True they would have more customers. They cannot charge whatever they want because administrative costs and therefore the % that goes for care is regulated. If administrative costs go over the consumer gets a rebate. Also in effect there would be no penalties. The only way a penalty can be collected is if the consumer overpays in income tax. That can easily be resolved if the person wanted to. There are no other means to force payment.

Also it seems if you are worried about businesses having too much power you would not be happy with the Citizens United Supreme Court decision. Am I right? I am just looking for something we can agree on lol.
    What???

The bill I have read, as a person without health insurance, says that I, as a person without health insurance, will be forced to either buy health insurance or pay a penalty on tax returns (IRS). That is a penalty. No other means to force payment? You do live in the U.S., right?

I get really confused with your reply--it seems you are replying to something else but addressing me. Maybe it's just too late in the day...or maybe you really are a confusing person...who knows. I know I'm hearing that many insurance companies are raising rates now. Know why? Because supposedly they can't later. LOL!! Yeah, who'd have thunk it.

Somehow I feel this post should come with 200 cookies like the ones Sarah Palin brought to the school she was paid 75k to speak at.
    Huh??

Not really sure at all what you think you're getting at. But that's okay. Everyone has their days.

What???

The bill I have read, as a person without health insurance, says that I, as a person without health insurance, will be forced to either buy health insurance or pay a penalty on tax returns (IRS). That is a penalty. No other means to force payment? You do live in the U.S., right?

I get really confused with your reply--it seems you are replying to something else but addressing me. Maybe it's just too late in the day...or maybe you really are a confusing person...who knows. I know I'm hearing that many insurance companies are raising rates now. Know why? Because supposedly they can't later. LOL!! Yeah, who'd have thunk it.
    Talk about unresponsive. The penalties work as I explained there is no other mechanism to collect them other than what I said.

I also explained they won't be able to charge whatever they want. Because administrative costs are maxed out at 15%. If they go over the consumer gets a rebate.

Huh??

Not really sure at all what you think you're getting at. But that's okay. Everyone has their days.
    This quote from you was a lot like Sarah Palin's talk at a school the other day.

"No matter what you as a person want, they will force the foods on you that the program requires and you will pay...or else. "

She brought 200 cookies as a kind of protest. I took a shot that you were familiar with that because of your related comment.

Nope!! You lose again. But thanks for playing!

You really should stop assuming. You're gaining nothing by it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast