Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SPOTTS; If said farmer has said daughter don't let dice know.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Originally posted by vmc1161
    SPOTTS; If said farmer has said daughter don't let dice know.
    Nope he's a young dude. Said girlfriend would be fun to wrestle.

Reminds me of an old saying.

"She can't wrestle..... but ya aughta see her box!"
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spotts
    [Reminds me of an old saying.

My Dad used to tell that one. Another one he always said was, "If your girlfriend don't drink liquior."

On a serious note. We discussed this earlier. I would like to see a resolution posted which would be signed by responsible HVAC/R contractors. The resolution should read something like:

We, who are reputible HVAC/R contractors, declare that our companies,staff or agents will not install, service or inspect any heat tranfer equipment that was purchased by the end user over the internet.

Nor will we handle any warranty for any manufacturer who sells to the end user over the internet. (signed)

I am thinking of starting a new website called "HVAC/R Contractors Against Internet Sales." This site could list all who signed the 'declaration'. It could post horror stories about HOs who got burnt by these sleasy manufacturers. Of couse it could list the names of manufacturers who deal in these under handed practices. It could list State and Local codes which would make this practice illegal.

Your opinions?????????????

[QUOTE]Originally posted by benncool
    Originally posted by spotts
    [Reminds me of an old saying.

My Dad used to tell that one. Another one he always said was, "If your girlfriend don't drink liquior."
    Or when a young girl comes up pregnant before she's married..... "Them girls are always taking serious what the boys are poking at them for fun...."
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Hmm

Another e-bay special tonight. Guys trying to sell a slightly used Trane Heap pump. He said he will include a case of r-22 with the purchase.

Just how much r-22 is in a case? Not a thing is mentioned about having to have any type of certification for the purchase.

Originally posted by benncool

I am thinking of starting a new website called "HVAC/R Contractors Against Internet Sales."

Your opinions????????????? [/B]
    Remember me telling you about "Modular Homes" Benn? Whole finished house, on a semi, delivered to your lot. Then the Coleman furnace goes out. Company will tell the H/O "call a furnace guy, tell him it's under warranty". I tell them "It's not under warranty through me. I have to be paid by you for parts and labor, upfront. You'll have to fight with the installing company for any re-imbursement. Not me."
    Walter Matthau

SPOTTS; How about going to a call cust. says we threw out the other company and we want you guys to make this system right. You do the work and hand them a bill and they say the other company is responsible bill them. Learned the hard way now i always get a letter from cust. authorising payment.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

I was parusing the classifieds in my hometowm paper and noticed an add for "30 gallon tank of R-22, $40" It went on to say you would need to be EPA certified for purchase. But what a deal 30 gallons for $40.

How many lbs is that??????hmmmm
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

You guys can blow the boycott whistle if you want to but here is how I handle it.

Get the address and then ask to come by and look at the job. If I can't talk them out of it then I will turn it into the city for no permit. Because I guarantee you the contractor that does end up stooping that low won't pull one. In rural areas I can't do much about it.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12