Thread: Goodman SmartCoil

Post Likes

Goodman SmartCoil

Is Goodman offering SmartCoil technology in all their heat pumps yet? Will Amana follow suit?

Post Likes
    I think the smaller sizes have them (through 2.5ton). Goodman or Amana

Im not sure if they will be using the smaller 5mm coils in the larger units.

Post Likes
    Are the condenser units on the 5mm coils 20-25% smaller than their 3/8" coil counterparts?

Post Likes
    Goodman would do a lot better to get their reliability under control first! We stopped selling Goodman units, poor quality and too many callbacks. Package units are the big issue here. Split systems do not seem to have the same problems.
    I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

The late and greatest ever, Senator Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    I finally got a chanced to look in my condenser. Looks like I have the smaller tubes. 2.5 ton condesner is very small.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRx View Post
    Are the condenser units on the 5mm coils 20-25% smaller than their 3/8" coil counterparts?
    Yes they are.

They are pretty small units compared to other brands.

If you like I can look up the measurements for your unit if you post model #.

Post Likes
    Superbike,

That's kind of you to look up the measurements. I would need a 3-4 ton heat pump and probably go with a 16 or 18 SEER w/ a 2 stage compressor and variable speed air handler.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in