Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smoking is dangerous...Duh

So now the cig packs need to have 1/2 of the package covered with propaganda.

Hey Kathleen, (Sebilius), great idea because I know if they put your face on a pack of smokes I would quite cold turkey. Idiot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/11/he...o.html?_r=2&hp
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Whatever! I quit 20 sompin years ago.

But seriously...anyone who doesn't know by now that smoking is bad for you is a major league idiot.

Denis Leary did a bit on this.

I can't post here because it's NSFW (extreme profanity) but if you search YouTube it will be simple enough to find.

The size of the warnings means nothing. Every go to a hospital and see the old folks in wheelchairs on oxygen smoking? Yeah, it's a riot.

I quit about 6 years ago, coming up on 7.

Sompin? Does that mean you no longer light up fag's? LOL

Yeah I quit smoking years ago too. I can only imagine how many tax dollars were spent to come up with this stupid idea.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Anybody checked the price of a pack of cigs lately?

Who can afford to smoke?

I seriously doubt if any kind of warning will deter some people. I worked at a hospital for 14 years and it was common to see patients, clutching a pack of cigarettes, headed for the doors with their portable oxygen bottles in tow. I saw many of them taking the mask off their face just long enough to take a puff and then put it back on to be able to breathe. Apparently they wanted their last breath to be filled with smoke.

I say forget the warnings and let them do what they want. Just make health and life insurance for smokers an additional policy to their regular insurance so that the rest of us don't have to pay for their foolish choices.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Anybody checked the price of a pack of cigs lately?

Who can afford to smoke?
    No Joke! I was behind a lady at QT this morning and she paid thirteen and change for two packs of Mistys.

Our small town had a fire Sunday night at a housing complex for older adults. Seems that a lady in a wheelchair who was on oxygen was smoking before getting into bed and the cherry fell off the end of her smoke and into the covers on the bed. She couldn't get it out, it flamed and poof, her apartment is now unlivable. Fortunately the fire department contained it to only her apartment. They wheeled her out in the midst of their firefighting and then removed her oxygen tanks which were 'spewing' according to reports.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Well that's probably the second most memorable cherry she lost. Ba Du Bump

they should make cigs called warnings....dennis leary, no cure for cancer circa mid nineties, check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Whatever! I quit 20 sompin years ago.

But seriously...anyone who doesn't know by now that smoking is bad for you is a major league idiot.
    Well don't you know who is the biggest idiot in the US. Check it out. Thank you, thank you very much and thank you for all the idiots who voted for him too.

"I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well don't you know who is the biggest idiot in the US. Check it out. Thank you, thank you very much and thank you for all the idiots who voted for him too.

Looks like he's fixin to blow smoke up someone's A$$!
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

Quote Originally Posted by o-ring View Post
    Looks like he's fixin to blow smoke up someone's A$$!
    Hey.

If you're good at something......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast