Hmm

Just had one question
    When you (contractor), hire a newbie (apprentice), what is it that motivates you to keep the guy after the three month evalaution? What is it you expect the newbie to know (before hiring)?

I'm currently going to a tech school with no prior experience in HVACR, and so I ask this question not just to get hired, but to actually keep the job.
    Your help in answering this question will be very appreciated.

Do a search on this site and you will open pandoras box.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Attitude

Attitude toward learning; customers; coworkers; equipment and inventory; vehicles; overtime; appearance; tools; codes; and the like.

If you have a good attitude, and didn't lie on the application in any way, you are a keeper.

Noel

Skills and technique can be taught, a good attitude and work ethic YOU have to supply to the game.
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

WORK ETHIC
    if you are lazy and worthless i don't need you
    if you like to work and work hard i will find something for you to do all the time.

Originally posted by pilotlight
    WORK ETHIC
    if you are lazy and worthless i don't need you
    if you like to work and work hard i will find something for you to do all the time.
    Pilot, that sounds like a great attitude you have.
    Glad to see it.

Wish more had the same.