Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've said it before, Tea Party candidates are just a faction of the Republican Party. I just call them what they are.....Republicans. So, at the end of the day, you still have the same ol' crappy two party system. You still have the same pasty, rich corporate elites running everything behind the scenes. You still have these guys calling the shots as to what the "party of majority at the time" will do. You still get the same results..........
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

this government sux. unfortunately, it's the best one on the planet.
    Not necessarily. It is just one that you are used to.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Well ,it did not take long for some of the newly elected Senators and Representatives to change back to ordinary Politicians.

Talk about pulling a rug over peoples eyes. Conservatives are so gullible.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...er-earmark-ban
    The Republican party did not as a whole run on doing away with ear marks, to claim they did is a lie and dishonest, much like barry's lies.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    The TP candidate that campaigned on killing Obama care wants to know where his government supplied healthcare is when he is told it takes effect on February 1. Congressman elect Andy Harris from Maryland was upset that he didn't get coverage from day 1 ( welcome to the real world where most people have to wait out a probationary period). He then asked if he could purchase insurance from the government to cover the gap which sounds alot like the public option. Apparently he has never heard of COBRA. If he was just a common Joe I might accept his ignorance about how our health care system functions but he was a doctor at John Hopkins. Let the hypocrisy reign.
    I think or hope the guy was just pointing out how hypocrytical politicians are, they vote for laws, yet they are not following them, if obamacare is so great why isn't obama and his family as well as pelosi and the other dirtbag democRATS that voted for it on is instead of the healthcare program we provide them?

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    I think or hope the guy was just pointing out how hypocrytical politicians are, they vote for laws, yet they are not following them, if obamacare is so great why isn't obama and his family as well as pelosi and the other dirtbag democRATS that voted for it on is instead of the healthcare program we provide them?
    The hypicrite is Andy Harris.

I agree with your argument but not your tone to the rest. I too would have been happier if it went further. Many wanted a public option, single payer or Medicare for all.

The Republican party did not as a whole run on doing away with ear marks, to claim they did is a lie and dishonest, much like barry's lies.
    The House Republicans had a voluntary ban on earmarks on the 111th congress. Tea party candidates in general ran strongly on earmark reform. To claim that it was not part of the Republican strategy is disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    The House Republicans had a voluntary ban on earmarks on the 111th congress. Tea party candidates in general ran strongly on earmark reform. To claim that it was not part of the Republican strategy is disingenuous.
    In all of the ads I saw during the primaries as well as the general election, I don't recall any of the republicans in my area saying they were against earmarks.

I don't like earmarks, but if the republicans don't have earmarks but the democrats do, then the republicans are hurting their district.

There were no tea party candidates in my area either.

the article quoted did not say all republicans are against earmarks, no party will ever have all of its members agree on any issue.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    The hypicrite is Andy Harris.

I agree with your argument but not your tone to the rest. I too would have been happier if it went further. Many wanted a public option, single payer or Medicare for all.
    he could be a hypocrite and hopefully he will serve only 1 term because of it.

In all of the ads I saw during the primaries as well as the general election, I don't recall any of the republicans in my area saying they were against earmarks.

I don't like earmarks, but if the republicans don't have earmarks but the democrats do, then the republicans are hurting their district.

There were no tea party candidates in my area either.

the article quoted did not say all republicans are against earmarks, no party will ever have all of its members agree on any issue.
    Earmarks are not a big problem really they just get people excited. There have been abuses to be sure. Getting rid of earmarks will not necessarily lower the budget even the app. 1% that it represents. Earmarks sometimes only say where the money will be spent not that it will be spent.

It is interesting that there seems to be trouble filling the seats on the Appropriations Committee usually people would fight for those seats.

"In March, I reported here on the decision by House Republican Leaders to demonstrate that they have given up their big-spending ways by enacting a voluntary, unilateral ban on all earmarks for the remainder of the 111th Congress."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/pos..._no-earma.html

This is what Rand Paul has to say about ear marks. Looks like a reporter mis quoted or mis understood what he said. Clearly he is against ear marks. Looks like Mitch McConnell is supporting a ban also.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4418658/r...s-earmark-ban/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12