Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just an observation

Pseudo-intellectualism is a condition that causes the victim to believe that the more words used to respond to a question, the more intelligent he or she appears. For example, if someone offers you a cup of coffee and asks, "Would you like sugar?" the normal response is either yes or no. However, the pseudo-intellectual might respond with a 15 minute lecture on the economic impact of global warming on the world sugar market. In advanced cases, the victim suffers from the delusion that they have answered the question.

Pseudo-intellectualism should not be confused with its’ nearly identical cousin, "Politicus Craponus". This is a practice that is used in an intentional attempt to totally avoid answering a question. It is employed quite frequently, and very often successfully, by politicians.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

wham! hitting Robo hard are we?

I am not saying that all questions can be answered in one or two words. If a long diatribe is necessary, then so be it. But, we've all seen those who can turn a simple, "How's it going?" into a detailed account of their life for the past 6 months.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    I am not saying that all questions can be answered in one or two words. If a long diatribe is necessary, then so be it. But, we've all seen those who can turn a simple, "How's it going?" into a detailed account of their life for the past 6 months.
    Kinda like this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffUDD...eature=related
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

I thought that pseudo-intellectual was a term that I thought up. Silly me. It was around before I was born.

(Mental note to self: next time, research, THEN post)

pseu·do·in·tel·lec·tu·al

a person exhibiting intellectual pretensions that have no basis in sound scholarship.
    a person who pretends an interest in intellectual matters for reasons of status.
    –adjective
    of, pertaining to, or characterized by fraudulent intellectuality; unscholarly: a pseudointellectual book.

Origin:
    1935–40; pseudo- + intellectual

I thought that pseudo-intellectual was a term that I thought up. Silly me. It was around before I was born.

(Mental note to self: next time, research, THEN post)

pseu·do·in·tel·lec·tu·al

a person exhibiting intellectual pretensions that have no basis in sound scholarship.
    a person who pretends an interest in intellectual matters for reasons of status.
    –adjective
    of, pertaining to, or characterized by fraudulent intellectuality; unscholarly: a pseudointellectual book.

Origin:
    1935–40; pseudo- + intellectual
    Roboesque

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Roboesque
    Carefull now ace robo might post on here and slap you around a little for that. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I assure everyone that I did not have Robo in mind. I have always found him to be quite charming and a marvelous dancer.

Robo likes to see his name in print.

I assure everyone that I did not have Robo in mind. I have always found him to be quite charming and a marvelous dancer.
    This statement demands an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Now, now, don't go starting your jealous fighting over me again.

Poor assymancow is just a bit dilusional, as usual.

How Gay is the name:
    ac MANCO?

Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Nothing I could say would hold a candle to what is already in the minds of this crowd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast