+ Reply to Thread

Thread: emerson power stealing stats

Post Likes

emerson power stealing stats

Anybody have any experience with these? I know of 2 that were installed in place of a couple of conventional mechanical stats that short cycle the solenoid they are controlling. They are set to run 240v in cooling mode in series with defrost clock/pumpdown switch and a lock out relay that gets de-energized when the compressor fails on oil failure or hi pressure. Will these work in this application?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangles View Post
    Anybody have any experience with these? I know of 2 that were installed in place of a couple of conventional mechanical stats that short cycle the solenoid they are controlling. They are set to run 240v in cooling mode in series with defrost clock/pumpdown switch and a lock out relay that gets de-energized when the compressor fails on oil failure or hi pressure. Will these work in this application?
    The power stealing requirements of these controls tend to limit their applications if used without a neutral.

Emerson states that the load must be a minimum of 2.5 amps and uninterrupted in order to use them without a neutral.

http://www.emersonclimate.com/Docume...ETempCntrl.pdf

I haven't installed any of these yet so I have no input as to how good they are otherwise. I did pick one up a while back to try it out though.

Post Likes
    Ice, do you know what that means when its says that it is a replacement for non-inductive loads?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    The power stealing requirements of these controls tend to limit their applications if used without a neutral.

Emerson states that the load must be a minimum of 2.5 amps and uninterrupted in order to use them without a neutral.

http://www.emersonclimate.com/Docume...ETempCntrl.pdf

I haven't installed any of these yet so I have no input as to how good they are otherwise. I did pick one up a while back to try it out though.
    you just reminded me that I have to take the one I put on truck stock back and exchange for the good ole standby a419.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in