Being a fulltime hockey crazed family and the state of or the lack of NHL, it is really great to have the World Junior Tournament in our town. What great hockey!! We have been to every game but two and these boys can really play this game. It is, in my opinion, better hockey than the NHL. My 8 year old son is having the time of his life, from shaking the hand of "The Great One" Gretzky and "The Next One" Sidney Crosby to getting Ray Borques {however} signature to saying hi to Kevin Lowe, who I believe is the GM for the Oilers. We as a family, are really having the time of our lives. ESPN 2 is carrying all of the USA games {and I have no idea why not show all the games} so if you get a chance to watch them, you should. We did not attend the US/Sweden game (which is on now} because we {me, wife and kids} have been at the rink all day and we are just plain ole pooped. The Swiss beat the Germans at noon and the Czechs beat the Finns this afternoon. I realize Canadians are probably more aware of this than Americans, as one Canadian told me today, "This tournament to Canada is similiar to the Superbowl to Americans." Wow! And we are able to attend. Purely wonderful. What would make it perfect, is the USA beats Sweden tonight, and then beats Russia tomorrow and then repeats last years win over Canada to keep the Gold. But honestly, I do not think anyone can beat the Canadians.

Thanks
    REAK

Originally posted by Reak
    Being a fulltime hockey crazed family and the state of or the lack of NHL, it is really great to have the World Junior Tournament in our town. What great hockey!! We have been to every game but two and these boys can really play this game. It is, in my opinion, better hockey than the NHL. My 8 year old son is having the time of his life, from shaking the hand of "The Great One" Gretzky and "The Next One" Sidney Crosby to getting Ray Borques {however} signature to saying hi to Kevin Lowe, who I believe is the GM for the Oilers. We as a family, are really having the time of our lives. ESPN 2 is carrying all of the USA games {and I have no idea why not show all the games} so if you get a chance to watch them, you should. We did not attend the US/Sweden game (which is on now} because we {me, wife and kids} have been at the rink all day and we are just plain ole pooped. The Swiss beat the Germans at noon and the Czechs beat the Finns this afternoon. I realize Canadians are probably more aware of this than Americans, as one Canadian told me today, "This tournament to Canada is similiar to the Superbowl to Americans." Wow! And we are able to attend. Purely wonderful. What would make it perfect, is the USA beats Sweden tonight, and then beats Russia tomorrow and then repeats last years win over Canada to keep the Gold. But honestly, I do not think anyone can beat the Canadians.

Thanks
    REAK
    Hi Chris

I assume you saw the Canada vs Chech game? Canada didn't look quite as strong as I expected, but they won. Good luck to the USA team tonight, I hope to see you in the final. I looked for a guy with a short name and a deep voice in the stands, but I couldn't find you, maybe next game

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Congratulations to our friends to the north! What a great tournament. In all honesty, it ended as it should have.

Thanks
    REAK

Yep finally won the final.
    da da Canada
    nyet nyet Soviet

I liked them better as Soviets...

The best thing about them as Russians
    are some of their hot-tee girls running around with very limited scruples.

hooo-waaaaa.