Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Republican govenor for Missouri bleh

Good ol Roy Blunt father of the great Matt Blunt who shafted the elderly by taking away medicaid for many here in Missouri.

Now Roy Blunt is in here trying to convert Missouri to a right to work state, I dont fully understand right to work but I hear many bad things about this anyone experience right to work states? Hopefully he doesnt do as much damage as his kid did a few years back

It's not that hard to figure out. Right to work means that you don't have to be in a union to be able to work. Good for Missouri, they might be saved now.

Right to work also nullifies Non-Compete clauses, I've heard. Ohio happens to be a right-to-work state.

Good for Missouri.
    Good techs will still get paid...in the long run probably will be paid better ...cause the dead weight will drop out like flies.

Right to work laws mean you cannot be forced to join a union. That is a good thing. In my past working career I have been forced to join the prevailing union against my will. My alternative was to not work for the company at all. The problem was:

All the local HVAC firms were union so I faced the same problem as long as I worked in my trade. And,

The union took over much of my union dues and supported political canidates I opposed. In fact, I could not even discuss my conservative political views at work for fear of the union membership and leadership.

Right to work laws are a good thing.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Right-to-work states are the ones that are getting all the job growth right now. Union states like mine (Wisconsin) are losing jobs like crazy. Thankfully, like MO, we also have a new Governor-elect, a great conservative, and hopefully start to become a bit more business-friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by e999999 View Post
    Right-to-work states are the ones that are getting all the job growth right now. Union states like mine (Wisconsin) are losing jobs like crazy. Thankfully, like MO, we also have a new Governor-elect, a great conservative, and hopefully start to become a bit more business-friendly.

Perhaps Harley Davidson will decide not to leave Wisconsin now that you have a republican governor. I had heard that they were waiting to see how the election went before making a decision.

Not sure this is right but that is what I was told.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Yeah you see the problem is I am union and make a lot more than the so called non union techs in the area, to my understanding this will be a problem for me?

Yes, Bob, if you are in a union, chances are you are and have been highly overpaid and would need to adapt to a more competetive environment. This may come as a complete shock to those who have been coddled for so long in the union, but the rest of us actually have to try harder to get ahead, NOT just put in more years at the pre-determined (relatively speaking, low and slow) workload of the union. Many will find that they accomplish more without the restraints of the union, and others will find that they can't keep up. It's much more fair out here.

This does not refer to you personally, you may be the exception to the rule.

I can remember some rediculous observations of union workers, one being, a plumber stopping in the middle of a sweat joint to go out to his truck and read a paperback book for his scheduled 15 minute break, then coming back in to complete the joint and the job was done 20 minutes later. Any non-union contractor would not have taken the break. It's an entire mindset and those who are accustomed to stroking the dog will find themselves unable to compete and falling behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Bob View Post
    Good ol Roy Blunt father of the great Matt Blunt who shafted the elderly by taking away medicaid for many here in Missouri.

Now Roy Blunt is in here trying to convert Missouri to a right to work state, I dont fully understand right to work but I hear many bad things about this anyone experience right to work states? Hopefully he doesnt do as much damage as his kid did a few years back
    "Right to work" has a nice ring to it.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Yeah you see the problem is I am union and make a lot more than the so called non union techs in the area, to my understanding this will be a problem for me?
    Ergo, you have a problem. How does this concern the rest of us?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Hmmm, you neglect to mention the fact that Roy Blunt has been in congress for many many years and his son was only one term. One term I might add that was backed up by the Missouri congress to make the changes that were made during his term. How are the elderly shafted by 'taking away medicaid'? You do realize that the eldercare form is MEDICARE?

I voted for Matt. I voted for Roy. The alternative to voting for Roy was voting for Robin Carnahan. There's already one liberal female senator from Missouri, we didn't need Russ Carnahan's sister there as well.
    I'd like to see where you got the information that a United States Senator elect is wanting to change Missouri State law by the way. I think that's the job of the Missouri legislature, isn't it?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

A google search returned this.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast