+ Reply to Thread

Thread: family health insurance

Post Likes
    What do you pay for family health insurance? I currently am paying $158 per week. Our insurace increases every year just curious what other rates are being paid out there.

Post Likes
    Its just the wife and I and its costing $150/month--The wife works for health clinic and its part of her benefits.

Post Likes

Frown

Our insurance went up today-lowest available plan works out to approx. $317/mo with $3,000 deductable per person upto a max of $9,000 max family out of pocket per year. Dental is $80-90/mo more. highway robbery !!!! I had to cancel-can't afford it. Sad thing is wife and I are both in our 40's with two kids under 10 yrs old- we all need the insurance ...it's all a racket someone is getting filthy rich-- researchers? Pharmacuetical companies? doctors? lobbyists? legislators? certainly isn't me!!!

Post Likes
    Ya ....its out of control. Just think ,if you dont want to work , unemployed on welfare , you will have great insurance ......well put it this way ,they will pay for everything. If you have worked all your life or at least trying, they will take everything. I love this country and always have but I hate to say that Im getting a little tired of the way the system works and am starting to loose faith in the way our government works. Congress and the senate have given up on wahts best for the country and are busy linning their pockets. As stated lately polls taken from the senate and congress ,they realize that people know there getting away with tons of things that really shouldnt be but no one really cares enough to stop them , they are too worried about getting something for themselves. And look how often congress writes bills that the cosiquenses of how ever they vote ends up filling their pockets by the insider information their getting. They are after the insider trading of big business but look at how their getting around it to fill their pockets but they made it legal for themselves by the wording of the bills. Sorry to say but their scum....

Post Likes

Frown

Currently costs me $112.00 per week for my contribution, which I think is rediculous. Almost getting to the point where a person can't afford to go to work...

Post Likes
    The younger guys here cost about $60 a week. The over 50 group are about $200 a week. We have Kaiser (HMO), not to bad of a plan.

I am guessing that most of the other posters are still on a PPO. PPO's have gone the way of the dinosaur here in Cali. Way too expensive!

Post Likes
    Everyone pays the same for family plan here.I wish I benifitted from being young(lower ins. rate), but I will be old one day too.

Post Likes

Wink

lol try 800+ for hmo or 1200 for ppo. for family of three, with 2000.00 deductible. i just pay cash screw the insurance companys. not matter how much i have ever paid insurance companys, anthem in particular hardly ever pays claims at all or less than there responsibilty without many phone calls & b.S.. they assume most people dont have time to fight them, personnaly i dont, but i will allways take the time, they are all ***** I feel your pain. I heard michael moore is attacking the hmos in his next documentary.
    Lets ALL FIGHT

Post Likes
    Here is a cause I can get behind. At my last job I payed $120 a week for my wife and I and thought it was too much. Now at my new job I can't even afford it at all. $300 + for myself, and $ 500 for the wife, more than $900 a month,and it won't pay out for the first year on existing conditions. When you are over 50, like we are, you probably have existing medical issues.
    I agree this is a racket. I'm going to try and pay doctors and medicine out of my pocket. The only downfall is if you go to the hospital. I guess I'll have to declare bankruptcy, then what?
    It's a sad state of affairs. I love this country too, but they could take a few of those billions currently being wasted and spend it on the working class health care problem.

Post Likes
    The bad thing is our insurance goes up every year but we our pay raises seem to come every two years.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in