+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cpc`s einstien2

Post Likes
    i just got a new store with the einstien 2 in it. what a nice sdystem lots of info at the techs finger tips looks like im gonna really like it. it uses suction stop stepper valves instead of sorit valves im gonna hafta get acquainted with them. anyone else use this sys?

Post Likes
    Yes,I have several stores with these controls.I too was impressed with the ease of operation and the wealth of information at your fingertips.Man,I love a new store where everything is labeled peoperly and you can make a quick diagnosis.
    I also have many stores were you walk into the rack room and say W.T.F.?No circuits are labeled and it looks like a tech school problem from hell.You get dirty as heck just opening the door.I love my job,if I didn't I'd go crazy.
    I can't wait till summer.

Post Likes
    Hussmann Tech where are you from? Im out of the Harrisburg, Pa branch.
    If you cant find the time to do it right the first time, then you wont find the time the second time around....

Post Likes
    I've been using the E2 for about 1 1/2 years now and is by far the most user friendly system I've seen yet. There is so many different ways to get the screen you want, no more scrolling through countless screens to get to what you want.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by bowman
    Hussmann Tech where are you from? Im out of the Harrisburg, Pa branch.
    I'm from central Alabama.I service a 200 mile radius,from Tennessee to Georgia to Mississippi to Montgomery.Glad to speak with you.Email me anytime you want to talk....
    My email adress is hussmantech@msn.com
    Look forward to hearing from you..

press1 is offline Professional Member BM -bad email address
    Post Likes
    E2 Rocks.

I worked with CPC on a large Kroger project covering several states. We were commissioning systems that had been installed. They were first generation Einstiens. Very slow, but still a great controller. I don't think you could find a better controller. If anyone needs information, I still have my contacts back at CPC, let me know.

Post Likes
    I have always been a CPC fan since RMCC. I cut my teeth with RMCC and racks. So I learned them very well by simply screwing up a lot. And as far as controls go. The RMCC was that control that taught you. Board and Point. Some in programming. Ect. And you could just expand it very easily. Then they come out with Einstein. I like it. It aint bad. The E2 is bad ass.

But. Nothing compares to the ease of use, straight forward freindly, and the all the fancy stuff you can have when you get a Danfoss Akcess 55. Thats a controller from god. The KVQ, which is there style of Electronic EPR is awesome cause it don't use pressure to open and close. They tie it right to the discharge air. So if your rack is right, that damn case is on the nuts.

Be it suction, head, target temp on subcooler, case control, no matter what, it's the tightest I have ever seen a rack run. When you pull a graph for suction and see a straight line during a low ambient to high ambient day with the condenser splitting, reclaim in and out, and kool gas defrosting, you sit there amazed. I got a rack just like this that holds a manifold superheat with in 5 degrees no matter whats happening. You tell me another controller that does that. Granted it's my brain that tells the computer to tell the rack to do such stuff, but it's the ability to do this so easily. More so than the E2 controlled racks I play with. You can manipulate things you'd never dream of before.

And from what I understand there is going to be a new version of this out this spring that improves upon it's current version ten fold.

Post Likes
    You guys should see Microthermo....talk about badass..

We have several stores that have them..

Our newest store just got a new prototype from Hussman, they call it "protocol"..closed loop system... so far it seems to be the most kickass design I have seen yet, albeit the store is only 6 mths. old...time will tell.

Post Likes
    I forgot about protocol. Thats nice too. I have never seen or touched a micro therm. I guess there real popular in Chicago in Dominicks markets. Although that is not gospel.

Post Likes
    D the software is by far the most user friendly..being it's windows based...you can get a total store map on the screen...checking case temps, product temps...and whatever else you desire...I can burn you a copy of the simulator disk if you'd like to check it out..(just don't tell anyone)we have E2s at most of our stores...some still with RMCCs...

This new Hussman system is supposed to be the first of its kind..its a design as they go type of thing..everything is controlled by remote at the case...no safeties, pressure controls, to deal with. Only problem thus far has been the inverters, and cooling tower, and those have been taken care of.

[Edited by fitter33 on 12-31-2004 at 11:38 AM]

Post Likes
    Hey, Please and Thank you. I won't say jack about it.

It sounds like Micro Therm is just like the Danfoss 55. Mail me the simulator. I can also try to copy the simulator for the 55 and send you it. Then we can compare.

The e2. It's okay. I just don't think it's all that. And them Steppers someone mentioned. They suck. You ever have a power fail and they get stuck at like 500 steps. Then you got to sit there and dick with it till you got full throttle range again. I think thats stupid. And I don't like the nueron ID thing for case controllers. I need an address setting. It works. You lose those stickers on the case controller, your screwed dude.

Post Likes
    You do know that the Protocol is a joint development with emerson right? It's actually mostly drempt up and produced by CPC and Hussman puts there name on it.

Post Likes
    I didn't know that about Protocol....this store has brand new software...novar controls the racks, and the touchscreen, and case controllers are first for Hussman. This store is the first to use it. HVAC is controlled by Microthermo. Hussman is trying to convince this chain that their system is more cost effective. I'll get a copy done today...I would like to see the Danfoss, I have never seen or even knew it was out there.

Post Likes
    You can take Novar and shove it. I dislike them. I think they suck.

Post Likes
    Don't get me wrong. There okay. But there just too basic. I like when I can dream up stuff. I like something that can really do something. Novar is just your basic platform.

Post Likes
    LOL.....I just came across a previous post where you said the same thing...

The Novar big wig states this is an all new setup...I'll find out more info and let you know.

Post Likes
    yeh, designed and built CPC, just a IR/Hussmann sticker backed by a bunch of money.

I am currently installing two of my first Danfoss systems. 'D' If you have any tips I could use 'em.

I do like that you can change anything in the programming without an upload or download, and when you are connected remotely, what you see is exactly what is on the controller. Very easy to program too.

I'm installing them on old Hussmann TD Racks. Fun stuff. First store we started the control wiring had been hacked into and was an absolute mess.

I used to work for Emerson...great place!

Post Likes
    Tips hey??

Not much I can offer.

Board and Point. It's pretty straight forward. You doing case controllers too or just running the rack? Are you monitoring cases? Don't think your going to be slick like most emerson guys do and build your own capacity control algorythem. Every emerson guy I ever met thinks there smarter than a wrench. Work with the wrench. He's your ally. Let the controller handle capacity control. Just plug in the right information. The only other tip, and you'll know this being a controls rat, is that always change out your xducers to Danfoss. Don't use the old crap.

What are you wanting for tips? How much retro will dicate what you can do with the 55. I guess thats with anything.

Post Likes
    I'm definately not a company man...and most definately not the typical Emerson guy.

As for tips, I know it would be hard to make it any easier on the Danfoss controller, everything is very straight forword.

Yes, I'm just controlling the rack, and monitoring case temps for the float circuits. We are also grabbing the lights, anti-sweats, and setting up remote alarm function. All of which are pretty simple.

bryan l Guest
    Press1 CPC is coming out with a remote program called "Insite" to enable you to have "Terminal mode" with the E2. I have a copy but is just there beta verson. I have used Microthermal and to tell you the truth its a good system, its very easy to use, and in some ways thats BAD... some people play with things they should not. But they have some features that rock, like the ability to see what users (or yourself) has changed, when and from what to what. Thats a nice feature, because you ALL know what its like to accidently change a setting and say %^&% what was that set at.... The #1 thing I like most about CPC is there tech support. Those guys are real good, you can call them up about ANYTHING and they can get you threw it, and there are times I have even talked with the Designer of the product. The one thing I HATE about Microthermal is the stores I worked with that had them used PCAnyware for remote access. That has GOT to be the SLOWEST interface in the world. It works if your on a LAN with access but if your needing to use a 56k to call it up its like watching a first year apprentice adjust a TXV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in