I have a Scotts ice machine that make no or little ice. Any tip that I should know before I look at it? I downloaded the service manual for that model. I appreciate any help. Thanks. Sunghoon

Unless it is an old one

chk the led fault code.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

All ice machines need cleaning as their primary trouble call.

Make sure you got the right water inlet pressure, volume and clean plates. Clean condensor, plenty of airflow at and around the condensor.

Then go thru your book.

[Edited by R12rules on 01-01-2005 at 12:09 PM]

Study the manual until you you understand how this thing is supposed to work.

Avoid the temptation to throw a set of gauges on it as they can screw up the operating charge and throw you off track. For most problems, gauges won't give you any more info than what you can get from basic observation.

Be sure the machine is clean

Listen to the customer closely and ask questions as to specific operational problems they have (or have not) seen.

Is this machine still under factory warranty?

If you get stuck, call Scotsman Tech Service at 1-800-533-6006. They're very helpful getting you onto the right path if you get lost

Take the book with you. A common problem with the newer Scotsmans is the optical sensors fail [$$$].

Thanks for all the inputs.

SCE170........

This unit ain't you're typical Scotsman.

It doesn't have a control board like the larger machines that will give you diagnostics info. It doesn't have the optical sensors either. It's really a mix of a Manitowoc-like evaporator and older CM style Scotsman controls. It's got an adjustable harvest initiation or ice thickness temperature control just like the old CM machines. The Control board in this machine is basically the old Scotsman mechanical finish timer in an electronic form.

[Edited by icemeister on 01-01-2005 at 01:27 PM]

Re: SCE170........

Originally posted by icemeister
    This unit ain't you're typical Scotsman.

It doesn't have a control board like the larger machines that will give you diagnostics info. It doesn't have the optical sensors either. It's really a mix of a Manitowoc-like evaporator and older CM style Scotsman controls. It's got an adjustable harvest initiation or ice thickness temperature control just like the old CM machines. The Control board in this machine is basically the old Scotsman mechanical finish timer in an electronic form.

[Edited by icemeister on 01-01-2005 at 01:27 PM]
    OK, then I know which one that is, it can be a real pia.
    Cube thickness control sends signal to mech timer to initiate harvest. Don't work well in cold ambient either.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

ScotsmanSCE170

Remember to insulate the control sensing bulb.Also check your amperage and pressure readings(if you know how to properly remove your gauges the chare stays in the machine) Be sure there is adacuate air flow around the machine
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.