Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memo

Several items:

1) Our offices have been closed for about a week and reopen on Jan 3. We apologize in advance if we've neglected our regular housekeeping duties.

2) Related to Item 1, we're requesting that some of us be more civil beginning in the New Year. There's funny, there's witty, there's moronic, then there's offensive. The first three are ok (it's not your fault that you're a moron), but the last one is not. As a general guideline, if you think it's offensive, it probably is. Please don't post it. We'll put you in purgatory and you might even end up going to hell for it. We also ask that regular members help us keep HVAC-Talk a respectable place by reporting such offenses to us by writing to hvac@buildcentral.com.

3) The Professional Forum will become "privatized" towards the end of next week.

4) Because of the sheer number of "Professional Members," we are leaning towards a system where everyone who applies will be admitted automatically. However, if there are requests for removal of a Pro Member by others, we may launch an investigation of sorts. It's kind of an honor system and allows the initial screening process to be conducted by your peers. More info will be coming soon...

5) Happy New Year's everyone. We hope that your 2005 is a prosperous one.

Rick

I have to file a formal report right now, some dude named brain child called me a mororn........is that nice???????

Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

and irishmist is makeing fun of us

Mor-on dice, that has a ring to it.To be contuinued.......

OH GOODY GOODY

Originally posted by BC1
    Several items:

2) We also ask that regular members help us keep HVAC-Talk a respectable place by reporting such offenses to us by writing to hvac@buildcentral.com.

Rick
    R12rules can now be room monitor. Hey Rick, He probably can also dust your erasers!!

[Edited by rob10 on 12-31-2004 at 09:33 PM]

Bad news for me, I seem to be offensive by default.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by frozensolid
    Bad news for me, I seem to be offensive by default.
    I noticed that.........
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

OFFENSIVE WASN'T IN ANY OF MY CODE BOOKS,CONTRACTORS OR NATE EXAMS, OR SCHEMATICS I HAVE COME ACROSS IN THE FIELD....CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT WHERE I CAN FIND INFORMATION ON THIS DO THEY LIKE HAVE A NATIONAL OFFENSIVITY CODE? I AM FAMILIAR WITH MORON THOUGH THEY TELL ME MY PICTURE IS NEXT TO THAT WORD IN THE DICTIONARY ...GOD I LOVE BEING SEMI FAMOUS.
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

What? I couldn't hear you!!! :-p

Originally posted by BC1
    Several items:

4) Because of the sheer number of "Professional Members," we are leaning towards a system where everyone who applies will be admitted automatically. However, if there are requests for removal of a Pro Member by others, we may launch an investigation of sorts. It's kind of an honor system and allows the initial screening process to be conducted by your peers. More info will be coming soon...

Rick
    hummmmmmm......well ok but I thought thats what we were getting away from, but what do I know.

And I thought we were doing a good job ourselves indentifying the DIYs and letting them have it.

its not right for us to poke fun at them even if its not personal

bull dodo it is

I bet I don't make the cut for "Professional Members" out of sheer lazyness.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast