1) Our offices have been closed for about a week and reopen on Jan 3. We apologize in advance if we've neglected our regular housekeeping duties.
2) Related to Item 1, we're requesting that some of us be more civil beginning in the New Year. There's funny, there's witty, there's moronic, then there's offensive. The first three are ok (it's not your fault that you're a moron), but the last one is not. As a general guideline, if you think it's offensive, it probably is. Please don't post it. We'll put you in purgatory and you might even end up going to hell for it. We also ask that regular members help us keep HVAC-Talk a respectable place by reporting such offenses to us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) The Professional Forum will become "privatized" towards the end of next week.
4) Because of the sheer number of "Professional Members," we are leaning towards a system where everyone who applies will be admitted automatically. However, if there are requests for removal of a Pro Member by others, we may launch an investigation of sorts. It's kind of an honor system and allows the initial screening process to be conducted by your peers. More info will be coming soon...
5) Happy New Year's everyone. We hope that your 2005 is a prosperous one.