Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    How has he made it to his 2nd year behaving like that? I think we have about 60 apprentices out of work who'd love to be working, even if only for a few weeks Surely your local is the same. I'm also an apprentice.... I bust my butt, I am never late, keep my mouth shut (unless it's a question about work or to ask how I can help or to say Hello), am first back from break, and leave sore at the end of the day. You can't learn any trade by slacking off and I have no bad feelings for anyone who isn't working if they have a crappy work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmondEyes View Post
    How has he made it to his 2nd year behaving like that? I think we have about 60 apprentices out of work who'd love to be working, even if only for a few weeks Surely your local is the same. I'm also an apprentice.... I bust my butt, I am never late, keep my mouth shut (unless it's a question about work or to ask how I can help or to say Hello), am first back from break, and leave sore at the end of the day. You can't learn any trade by slacking off and I have no bad feelings for anyone who isn't working if they have a crappy work ethic.
    The company I am currently with weens them out
    we pick up 20 apprentices when we need 10 and those lazy ones that open their mouth and refuse to follow rules or codes are given a much needed vacation, when doing an apprenticeship I have learned you get what you put in.

Quote Originally Posted by pauls heating & View Post
    no testing..no interview..just a quick resume..one of my buddies says their
    real slow on work so getting in would be tough...had a phone interview w targetmans boss- he wanted me but said it was up to the local( and his cousin or brother bought the last co i worked for )....

but at 49 the local prob dont want me...

strange i was told they have the job posted at the hall but no replys cause
    they want applicants to take a test...

i told him id take any test he wanted...
    B.s. that company can hire you if they want to.
    Here they haver to interview anyone on the bench, reject them or tell the union they run their shops not the local.
    This owner doesnt know the protocol.
    You can get in, happens all the time.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

I don't think the OP specified the age of the apprentice, but everyone here is assuming the apprentice is a 'kid', like there aren't apprentices over the age of 40 who are lazy/drunk/late/argumentative. We all know that a poor work ethic is not exclusive to the younger generation.

Put simply, if the guy is not doing his job, he needs to be formally reprimanded, by someone who has the clear authority to send him packing. The only person who can make that happen is his immediate supervisor.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

The apprentice is 22 I believe. I had him as a helper yesterday. He had a much better attitude. He was on time, didn't wonder off for smoke breaks, and stayed on the job until I was ready to leave. Someone obviously had a talk with him.
    Local 449?

send him back!
    it is easy!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by targetman View Post
    The apprentice is 22 I believe. I had him as a helper yesterday. He had a much better attitude. He was on time, didn't wonder off for smoke breaks, and stayed on the job until I was ready to leave. Someone obviously had a talk with him.
    Or maybe he's on this forum.

With all of the kids who would die for an apprenticeship in this economy, it is unfair to them to coddle someone who won't even try. But I hope he shapes up.

I,m having a similar problem with a guy I just hired, his work is impecable, but issues galore, he,s worked for me for two weeks, and on two occasions he was just a no show.
    He,ll be let go on Monday.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by r22forbreakfast View Post
    Or maybe he's on this forum.

With all of the kids who would die for an apprenticeship in this economy, it is unfair to them to coddle someone who won't even try. But I hope he shapes up.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456