Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 74
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dixiana, AL
    Posts
    2,609
    I was sent some really sorry help one time. Called the service manager and told him not to send him back the next day, that if that guy was the best they had I'd just as soon go buy me another chainfall. I'd get a lot more work and a lot less talk with it.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    butler pa
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    They can hire off the street and start him somewhere.
    nah..was turned down by the local as no formal education...
    lets see..universal refrigerant cert..nate heating/ac certs...numerous carrier
    schools..20 yr experience...lol...then they have these kids...ill leave it
    at that...while im being pleasent...

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Covington, KY
    Posts
    159
    They like to hire from the neck down sometimes.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by pauls heating & View Post
    nah..was turned down by the local as no formal education...
    lets see..universal refrigerant cert..nate heating/ac certs...numerous carrier
    schools..20 yr experience...lol...then they have these kids...ill leave it
    at that...while im being pleasent...
    Try try again.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by pauls heating & View Post
    nah..was turned down by the local as no formal education...
    lets see..universal refrigerant cert..nate heating/ac certs...numerous carrier
    schools..20 yr experience...lol...then they have these kids...ill leave it
    at that...while im being pleasent...
    Thats BS you did the testing and interview process I assume?
    Sounds like a shoddy local or maybe you just rubbed them the wrong way I am pretty sure when my apprentice class started I was the youngest there or I looked it anyway lol

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    near Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    100
    I am slightly amazed he survived employment to his second year.

    Showing him the door would teach him a valuable lesson about economics:
    When people willing to employ others are scarce, don't mouth off to them.
    It may help him the rest of his life.

    Or, more likely, he'll just get mad at you and trash you on Facebook. But you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you tried.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by r22forbreakfast View Post
    I am slightly amazed he survived employment to his second year.

    Showing him the door would teach him a valuable lesson about economics:
    When people willing to employ others are scarce, don't mouth off to them.
    It may help him the rest of his life.

    Or, more likely, he'll just get mad at you and trash you on Facebook. But you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you tried.
    Around here the apprentice waiting list is huge, many would crawl through the mud all day to get their call, and this idiot abuses his opportunity.
    My journeyman told me "listen kid Im older than you, I have been here forever. There is a lot you can learn if you really want it, but if you piss me off I will ensure you a long ride on the bench."
    Glad to say Im on my 3rd year of apprenticeship

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    DC, MD & VA
    Posts
    94
    fire him, call the shop and tell them this dude is a liability and a hazard. i would . ill tell my boss in a second if a apprentice or journeyman is a waist. If you cant trust someone to even follow directions how are you supposed to trust him with your lives ?

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnykling View Post
    fire him, call the shop and tell them this dude is a liability and a hazard. i would . ill tell my boss in a second if a apprentice or journeyman is a waist. If you cant trust someone to even follow directions how are you supposed to trust him with your lives ?
    exactly, when your hanging off the side of a 20story building, the last thing you need is a loudmouth punk apprentice just chilling and not paying attention to anything you say or safety regulations.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    215
    Did you ever ask him why he's got a bad attitude?

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    butler pa
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Bob View Post
    Thats BS you did the testing and interview process I assume?
    Sounds like a shoddy local or maybe you just rubbed them the wrong way I am pretty sure when my apprentice class started I was the youngest there or I looked it anyway lol
    no testing..no interview..just a quick resume..one of my buddies says their
    real slow on work so getting in would be tough...had a phone interview w targetmans boss- he wanted me but said it was up to the local( and his cousin or brother bought the last co i worked for )....

    but at 49 the local prob dont want me...

    strange i was told they have the job posted at the hall but no replys cause
    they want applicants to take a test...

    i told him id take any test he wanted...

  12. #51
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,027
    Quote Originally Posted by nick982002 View Post
    Did you ever ask him why he's got a bad attitude?
    he probably just got married
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    he probably just got married
    Wow! I just figured out why I have been so grumpy for 4 years!
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event