Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    It would be easier to help create jobs and export to them if the republicans did not block a bill to stop giving businesses tax breaks for outsourcing American jobs.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...sourcing-bill/
    Yeah, Mcdonalds should sell burgers made in galveston to bejing..Im sure they'll do well with that.

90% of the goods produced overseas by u.s. companies are sold overseas not exported back to the u.s.

I do agree something needs to be done about manufacturing here and the trade deficit, but raising taxes on corps to encourage them to stay here is not a good idea.

There are no tax breaks, only reductions in the confiscation.

The bill you refer to is a total canard.

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    what goods?
    A public opinion poll of China's emerging urban middle class found that high-quality personal care toiletries and consumer electronics lead the list of most desired American products. Apparel and fashion accessories and music and videos are close behind.
    http://www.allbusiness.com/consumer-...5031582-1.html

"There's a cultural phenomenon in India that is quite pervasive," Goel said. He described it as "foreign envy." If you own something that's from abroad, it sets you apart from your peers.
    http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/30/news...ands/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Yeah, Mcdonalds should sell burgers made in galveston to bejing..Im sure they'll do well with that.

90% of the goods produced overseas by u.s. companies are sold overseas not exported back to the u.s.

I do agree something needs to be done about manufacturing here and the trade deficit, but raising taxes on corps to encourage them to stay here is not a good idea.

There are no tax breaks, only reductions in the confiscation.

The bill you refer to is a total canard.

As I understand the bill there are tax breaks that businesses can take when they ship jobs overseas. The bill would take out those provisions and replace them with tax breaks for adding jobs here.

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    . . .There are no tax breaks, only reductions in the confiscation. . .
    You have just nailed one of the problems when translating terms from political speak into English. In political speak, reducing the amount of a proposed increase is called a cut. In other words, when politicians consider raising your taxes 30% but decide to raise them only 20%, they proudly announce that they have cut taxes by 10%.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Knock offs of your video games and movies.

Actually American goods are seen as a status symbol in China and India to the new rich.
    How much does this equate to in U.S. dollars and U.S. jobs?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Your not listening, 40 to 50 thousand new jobs according to the big BO. I'm waiting for word from good old Joe. B. to when we can expect to see them. Maybe next summer.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    How much does this equate to in U.S. dollars and U.S. jobs?
    Probably a lot less than was lost. Tried to find more information but type in trade, US, India, a few other terms and mainly you get pages that are about goods coming to the US rather than out. The figures I did see are mainly the Indian government military purchases and companies buying high tech machinery. From what I understand Obama was promoting the military goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Probably a lot less than was lost. Tried to find more information but type in trade, US, India, a few other terms and mainly you get pages that are about goods coming to the US rather than out. The figures I did see are mainly the Indian government military purchases and companies buying high tech machinery. From what I understand Obama was promoting the military goodies.
    The US also exports about $500 million to India in agriculture products I know.

That is a drop in the bucket. Unless things have drastically changed over the past 7 years, India isn't even on the charts for our exporting of food;
    .http://www.public.iastate.edu/~cffor....ppt#269,6,Who does the U.S. Export food to?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

How nice. I know Clinton allowed the Red Chinese to buy and steal top secret missile launch technology, for pennies on the dollar while they funneled a few mill into his election campaign. I wonder if Obama has done the same thing for India. Thank you very much.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv.../liu052498.htm
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    That is a drop in the bucket. Unless things have drastically changed over the past 7 years, India isn't even on the charts for our exporting of food;
    .http://www.public.iastate.edu/~cffor....ppt#269,6,Who does the U.S. Export food to?
    I did not say it was a lot or a little just added info.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    How nice. I know Clinton allowed the Red Chinese to buy and steal top secret missile launch technology, for pennies on the dollar while they funneled a few mill into his election campaign. I wonder if Obama has done the same thing for India. Thank you very much.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv.../liu052498.htm
    What do you mean Clinton allowed? LOL. Are you saying it was leaked on purpose by Clinton? He didn't have time with all the drug dealing, murders etc he was doing. There was no way he did that too.

It is really quite simple.

The big B is in India promoting UNIONS! If he can convince the Indian people that UNIONS are the bestest thing ever we can look forward to ALL of our American jobs coming back to the United States!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast