Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Obama even mentions this as the stereotypical American image of Indians taking jobs from Americans. The thing that Obama never explains is how India can help create thousands of jobs.

It's like someone asked Obama; "So why are you and your family touring Asia?" and Obama just used to most popular thing on Americans minds as an excuse; "Uhhh, uh, ummmm, I am working with the ummmm, Indians to ummm, to ummm create jobs...yea, that's it, to create jobs for Americans.http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...umbai-attacks/
    Maybe B hopes India will be the next big thing like China. You know, buy all our junk T-Bills to finance our dead beat, hand outs culture here in the states. Someone has to foot the bill for our "life style" that we, ourselves, can not afford. What ya gonna do when the well goes dry?
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Wow! Even when you quote me, you screw up what I posted.

Did I post that India is not a nuclear power? DID I?!

Do you see India in this list? DO YA?!

No wonder you don't post support links for what you think. What you think is even screwed up because you can't comprehend what others write.
    They are not part of the npt. read on and they are listed as a nuclear power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...uclear_weapons

India is not a Party to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. India tested what it called a "peaceful nuclear explosive" in 1974 (which became known as "Smiling Buddha"). The test was the first test developed after the creation of the NPT, and created new questions about how civilian nuclear technology could be diverted secretly to weapons purposes (dual-use technology). India's secret development caused great concern and anger particularly from nations, such as Canada, that had supplied it nuclear reactors for peaceful and power generating needs. It appears to have been primarily motivated as a general deterrent, as well as an attempt to project India as a regional power. India later tested weaponized nuclear warheads in 1998 ("Operation Shakti"), including a thermonuclear device.[17] In July 2005, U.S. President George W. Bush and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh announced plans to conclude an Indo-US civilian nuclear agreement.[18] This came to fruition through a series of steps that included India’s announced plan to separate its civil and military nuclear programs in March 2006,[19] the passage of the United States-India Peaceful Atomic Energy Cooperation Act by the U.S. Congress in December 2006, the conclusion of a U.S.-India nuclear cooperation agreement in July 2007,[20] approval by the IAEA of an India-specific safeguards agreement,[21] agreement by the Nuclear Suppliers Group to a waiver of export restrictions for India,[22] approval by the U.S. Congress[23] and culminating in the signature of U.S.-India agreement for civil nuclear cooperation[24] in October 2008.[25] The United States is bound by the Hyde Act with India and may cease all cooperation with India if India detonates a nuclear explosive device. The US had further said it is not its intention to assist India in the design, construction or operation of sensitive nuclear technologies through the transfer of dual-use items.[26] In establishing an exemption for India, the Nuclear Suppliers Group reserved the right to consult on any future issues which might trouble it.[27] As of September 2009, India was estimated to have had a stockpile of around 60-80 warheads.[3]
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    Maybe B hopes India will be the next big thing like China. You know, buy all our junk T-Bills to finance our dead beat, hand outs culture here in the states. Someone has to foot the bill for our "life style" that we, ourselves, can not afford. What ya gonna do when the well goes dry?
    OMG! I'll bet you are right. I'll bet Obama figures that what worked for President Clinton will work for him.

Get ready for WalMart to sell cheap Indian imports.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    They are not part of the npt. read on and they are listed as a nuclear power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...uclear_weapons

India is not a Party to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. India tested what it called a "peaceful nuclear explosive" in 1974 (which became known as "Smiling Buddha"). The test was the first test developed after the creation of the NPT, and created new questions about how civilian nuclear technology could be diverted secretly to weapons purposes (dual-use technology). India's secret development caused great concern and anger particularly from nations, such as Canada, that had supplied it nuclear reactors for peaceful and power generating needs. It appears to have been primarily motivated as a general deterrent, as well as an attempt to project India as a regional power. India later tested weaponized nuclear warheads in 1998 ("Operation Shakti"), including a thermonuclear device.[17] In July 2005, U.S. President George W. Bush and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh announced plans to conclude an Indo-US civilian nuclear agreement.[18] This came to fruition through a series of steps that included India’s announced plan to separate its civil and military nuclear programs in March 2006,[19] the passage of the United States-India Peaceful Atomic Energy Cooperation Act by the U.S. Congress in December 2006, the conclusion of a U.S.-India nuclear cooperation agreement in July 2007,[20] approval by the IAEA of an India-specific safeguards agreement,[21] agreement by the Nuclear Suppliers Group to a waiver of export restrictions for India,[22] approval by the U.S. Congress[23] and culminating in the signature of U.S.-India agreement for civil nuclear cooperation[24] in October 2008.[25] The United States is bound by the Hyde Act with India and may cease all cooperation with India if India detonates a nuclear explosive device. The US had further said it is not its intention to assist India in the design, construction or operation of sensitive nuclear technologies through the transfer of dual-use items.[26] In establishing an exemption for India, the Nuclear Suppliers Group reserved the right to consult on any future issues which might trouble it.[27] As of September 2009, India was estimated to have had a stockpile of around 60-80 warheads.[3]
    I NEVER SAID THEY WEREN"T A NUCLEAR POWER!

NO ONE DID!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I once gopt a spam call about a credit card from some indian woman and I was having a hard time understanding her and I believe she was having a hard time understanding me.

Anyhow... she asked me if If I had trouble with english........ Now she may have been sincerely asking that to find out if I would be comfortable with another language or something....but it flew all over me.....

I cussed that poor old girl using words that I dont know if she knew the definition....but Im sure she knew what I meant using them.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I once gopt a spam call about a credit card from some indian woman and I was having a hard time understanding her and I believe she was having a hard time understanding me.

Anyhow... she asked me if If I had trouble with english........ Now she may have been sincerely asking that to find out if I would be comfortable with another language or something....but it flew all over me.....

I cussed that poor old girl using words that I dont know if she knew the definition....but Im sure she knew what I meant using them.
    If understanding us is trouble that you are having when we are trying to be in assistance of your questions, then perhaps we can be in assistance of your mis-understanding?
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

I am all for selling the Indians american goods, the only sticking point to that idea....is we don't make anything (anymore) they want/need . (Except Military hardware) and grain.

Saying that ...with of all the ****hole nations in that part of the world.. A partnership with India at least makes sense in a tactical kind of way.
    Last edited by freddy-b; 11-08-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    .......................If we are lucky we can get some mangos like "W" did. Wasn't it something like mangos in exchange for nuclear fuel rods?
    Actually, it was mangoes for HARLEYS....................

http://www.usatoday.com/money/world/...orcycles_N.htm
    B.O. = B.S.

I want to see who's on the list of 3000 people he's taking. Valerie Jarret? Union buddies?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    It would be easier to help create jobs and export to them if the republicans did not block a bill to stop giving businesses tax breaks for outsourcing American jobs.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...sourcing-bill/
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

what the heck does America make that anyone wants?
    for that matter that anyone can afford?
    the only American job creation that I see coming from this visit would be a call center English tutor or supervisor.

be honest, other than maybe our debt, what could this mean to America's job situation?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    what the heck does America make that anyone wants?
    for that matter that anyone can afford?
    the only American job creation that I see coming from this visit would be a call center English tutor or supervisor.

be honest, other than maybe our debt, what could this mean to America's job situation?
    Knock offs of your video games and movies.

Actually American goods are seen as a status symbol in China and India to the new rich.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Knock offs of your video games and movies.

Actually American goods are seen as a status symbol in China and India to the new rich.
    what goods?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast