+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Suggestions??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    A local supplier was runing a contest to promote Makita tools. Our company's name was pulled as the winner of a really nice portable basketball backboard and net.

Here is the problem. We don't know what to do with it. The only tech who has little boys already has two.

We asked a local youth group if they wanted it. They said that their insurance doesn't allow kids to play basketball.(No wonder why we have fat kids!)

So we are looking for suggestions on how to donate this nice prize. It would be nice to donate it to a non-profit but the question is which one.

Post Likes
    How about advertising in the paper? State there will be a free drawing, at your location, for the unit. All the public has to do is fill out a form and drop it off. Goodwill publicity, and some person who maybe can't afford to buy their kids a basketball setup will be happy. Get you some good advertising and maybe a new customer or two.

Post Likes
    Let your heart decide, it will make the right choice. To use the gift as a promotional business tool, will lessen its and your value. Your heart is pure benny, follow it.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    My 9 year old son keeps begging me for one ! Consider me a non-profit orginazation , I give ALL my money to needy kids !! Sure they may be my own but that is beside the fact !!

Post Likes
    Why don't you set it up behind your shop. Then your guys can exercise after work and unwind a little. You probally want to check with you insurance company first though.

Post Likes
    New England is for pansy's

Post Likes
    Does anybody have girls that might be interested? How about your local church youth group, YMCA, or shelter?

Post Likes
    Call your local family independence agency and have them give you the name of a single parent with kids. There are so many needy families whose moms or dads are
    struggling just to keep their kids fed and clothed. I'm sure there are kids whose parents just can't afford that type of thing on their budget. You never know you may just be able to help some little guy become the next Michael Jordon.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by benncool
    A local supplier was runing a contest to promote Makita tools. Our company's name was pulled as the winner of a really nice portable basketball backboard and net.

Here is the problem. We don't know what to do with it. The only tech who has little boys already has two.

We asked a local youth group if they wanted it. They said that their insurance doesn't allow kids to play basketball.(No wonder why we have fat kids!)

So we are looking for suggestions on how to donate this nice prize. It would be nice to donate it to a non-profit but the question is which one.

I would call the cheap bastards back up and ask them if it was a joke or not? Like are you on Candid Camera or something? What kind of idiot would give something like that away in Vermont? That should come in handy about right now, Where is your snow level anyway Benny? About at your anal orifice?

I think the nice gift went to another company, they must all be in the back room right now laughing. You should call them and get to the bottom of this. Why not tell them you had a contest and they won something...... a dress from the dress shop next door to you.

Post Likes

I donated one to the

local daycare. It went real low tho...... Ask a gradeschool gym teacher if he knows a poor kid who would love it. Tell his family they won a drawing using the phonebook and a dart.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Aren't these things filled with water at the bottom? If left out it should look like a basketball itself at the bottom the next day

Post Likes

Uh, in Colorado

we use sand.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    That snow stuff must really have a bad effect on you guys. We just fill it with margaritas, serves as a timer too. When the margaritas are gone, game over.

A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Church
    Boys and girls club
    Boy scouts
    Girl scouts
    YMCA
    Shelter for battered families
    Orphanage

Drive by the bad part of town, if there is one in Vermont and see what the kids are playing with. Those are a few places I would call up though.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by swat

Drive by the bad part of town, if there is one in Vermont and see what the kids are playing with. Those are a few places I would call up though.
    Right now, they're playing with snowballs.

Post Likes
    I'd bolt it on that Trane thing across the street. It will give your techs something to do while they are trying to figure out how to keep it running.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    They put a bastetball hoop up at work once so the employees could play at lunch time, It lasted untill the first broken wrist, then it came down with a quickness

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in