I was looking for a LON interface to a Multistack but didn't find one.

I see the ALC BACnet portal, but since the customer wants to purge their ALC stuff that's a no-go.

Anybody go a different route with these units?

Looks like BACnet is it, have you contacted them?

Sysint, I can be of absolutely no help to you. But can you explain something to me? What is ALC and what is meant by purging it?Hope this isnt a reeeally stupid question.Im trying to learn more about DDC and networking.Picking up what I can where I can. Also is this a Carel contoller. I've seen multistack uses carel in their chillers with turbocor compressors. Thanks for any info.

787- ALC "Automated Logic Corporation"

By "purging" I mean that they can't stand their ALC stuff and want to get rid of it all.

They just re-badge this controller for use as a gate. I will check into this Carel controller.... so I guess you are helping already. It may be that this Carel controller is some ASCII or Modbus controller, in which case I wouldn't need the ALC Portal. (which is probably a gateway to BACnet.

Smile wait for me!!!!

I'm worse off than the 787 Guy. You guys are brilliant, I think. What I mean is, as a wrench turner I have a hard time following. But, I'll keep reading & hopefully I'll be able to pick up on a thing or two.
    All my leon freaked out!

Talking

thanks for clearing that up for me. The answer wasn't any where near as technical as I thought it would be

Well - called Multistack directly.

Apparently they are completely unaware of what you can do with Lonworks and think there is a point restriction.

I suppose if you are using an ALC BACnet Portal that would be the response.

At this point I don't know if they are uninformed, lazy, or BACnetisized past reason.

I do know they aren't getting any military jobs anytime soon. Lonworks only....

Gave them a reference for a LON controller interface up to 4000 points. That should be more than enough for their little chiller. Until then it's Fieldserver - or spec another chiller.

Is this an air or water cooled multi-stack? Actually the air cooled models are called "airstack". The AC and Turbocor models use the Carel Pco2 controller.

The pco2 has a LON card available (I have used it), but multistack has to write the code for the controller to work with it. It is not just a matter of popping in a card.

The nice thing of the LON interface for the Pco2 is it is just a card that plugs into the obody of the controller. With modbus, BACnet, and the other gateways, you have to use a serial card that plugs into the body that is then wired into the gateway.

If this is not a Carel powered chiller, then fergit it, can't help.

Clyde