Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Question: That smaller horizontally-mounted expansion tank has wording on it, that says it's for domestic hot water expansion. BUT: The tank is definitly on the cold-water input to the tank. Do you think they meant to use it as a surge-arrestor? (keeps pipes from banging when shutting off water)

Nice work. I have to say, that old boiler was worthy for this wall too! wow, 1960's??

The old boiler (from pics of the nameplate)

Federal Boiler model GFS-17. AGA input 175K AGA output 140K net output 123K The house was built in late '64, into '65. Boiler was working fine -- the only reason for replacement, was that the chimney flue was blocked.

Question: is it against the rules to mention pricing for jobs that are already complete? I bet it might be...

Quote Originally Posted by alexb View Post
    The old boiler (from pics of the nameplate)

Federal Boiler model GFS-17. AGA input 175K AGA output 140K net output 123K The house was built in late '64, into '65. Boiler was working fine -- the only reason for replacement, was that the chimney flue was blocked.

Question: is it against the rules to mention pricing for jobs that are already complete? I bet it might be...
    We can imagine.

Man , that is a clean job. Awesome work.

Nice clean work. Those manifolds are nice. I wonder how often it will actually condense with high supply & return temps.

very nice

Looks Awesome!

looks nice do you like the ultras?

impressive

Smaller tank on indirect (horizontal) is definitely supposed to be for domestic water. They are designed to be used with higher water pressure and are made with materials that are safe for potable water. If the tank says "not for domestic" water it needs to be changed. The reason that tank is there is because there is a check valve in the line as the water heats up it has no place to expand to when all the fixtures are off, and will blow the relief on the tank without it. I don't see a vacuum breaker on the cold water side may not be required there could be why the check is installed? Also that tank should not be hung horizontally when it fails years down the road it will fill up and sag then split from the weight I see it all the time and it makes a mess.

Nice and shiny. Looks great. Everything level and plumb. Installed one last year had problems with it. Weil Mclain sent out a rep and he replaced the board. He said they been having problems with trhat board since they started. I asked him why they still sell the boilers with it he said "IT IS ONLY A PROBLEM WHEN YOU ADD THE INDIRECT WATER HEATER SO WHY CHANGE THEM ALL". By the way,the original install still looked pretty good being almost 50 years old. I think you should give the installer some props and throw his company name and location out there.(with his permission of course)

No anti siphon fitting on the back flow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast