5DK Frozen Meat

Thread: 5DK Frozen Meat

Ice drops are building on left side of case. Top shelf.

Hussman F6-12LU Date 4/16/03
    Cool gas 15 minutes
    Drain time 10 minutes
    Termination set for 50 degrees
    All fans are running - top and bottom
    Sorit set for -20 degree coil.

Store dehumidification set for 60% and no other equipment experiencing humidity type problems.

That's as far as I got checking it out.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1:you said left side of case, is there a seam there from another ajoining case or end panel that could be letting moisture in?
    2: your settings sound ok to me but you do need to confirm that everything is in calibration
    3: what is being used for termination klixon, stat, probe, or something else
    4:a lil more information about your sys would be nice like is it a one on one sys or running off a rack how is it set up. is it using mechanical controls to for tempature and defrosts or is it on a computer

In leu of Dave getting here and solving this issue ... I'll chime in and see how close I come to the truth.

(yea right)

Is there ice outside the case? Is there an ariflow problem behind the case line?

these cases are designed for max of 55% humidity @74*f
    they have 3 sets of fans not 2
    also the hussmann tech i talked to said all the fans must
    stay on during defrost
    make sure you don't have air coming in with your pipes or elec

60%. Holy Sheitte.

Although thats not whats happening. Whats the coil look like right before a defrost, after it's been working for 12 hours. I think. If it's only one section of the same coil, that portion of the coil is steaming cause it's not getting as iced. Or, that end is attached to another case, and that seam is not sealed right and so you got infiltration. Seen that about a million times.

Is it the same coil as the same circuit or is it one case of three cases. If it's like a one for three, that is easier to identify. If it's the same coil man, You must have frost all the way up the back wall and you got infiltration where the case join together.

Now if it's an entire coil well then thats a different deal. You might not be feeding coil right so it steams. If ice is on the klixon but no the rest of coil, you won't terminate.

What elese could it possibly be.

Sounds dumb to ask but. Why is dripm down so long. I normally set mine to 5 minutes with out problems. Also. 15 minutes kool gas, is that to trip it out from termination. Is your termination taking that long. I love kool gas. And I never seen a case take 15 mintues. Have you sat there and watched it. Thats what it takes on kool gas. You got to sit there watch it perform.

Gas defrost is an interesting process to observe. The refrigeration equivalent of “stop and smell the roses”.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Are you a UA refer. What is scale for that area of FLORIDA. Just curious. no real interest.

Yes I am, $25.25 plus ten in bennies is top of the scale, but you could do better than that.

Also I have never seen a lack of work layoff, you only are out of work, if you don't work.

Sorry for the late reply.

It is a single 12' case. New case and rack installed about 1.5 yr ago. This is the only case on that circuit. According to the manager it's been a problem since install.

I did not verify termination or actual humidity yet. I was on the way out the door when the manager pointed out the problem.

It's on a cpc and possibly doesn't have a termination sensor in the case but cpc is set for 50 degrees.

Just wondering why left side coil seems to cause problem. No ice above middle or right side coil.

Apparently installers have checked for air infiltration. The air register above case was blocked off.

Thanks for the help.

I know so true craftsmen installer types. BUT> Never trust a comment like, "installer has already checked for infltration".