Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    any of you ever see a photo of that Tsunami coming in to shore? I'm sure theres some out there............ I can't find any. I've never seen one and sure would like to.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=3...unami_Disaster

Link to some footgae of it hitting Thailand.

Reminded me of storm surge.

I was looking for a tsunami back when we had our quake, glad one never showed up.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

I wonder how much money the catholic church is going to donate towords reparations?

Just curious..
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

This morning on http://www.drudgereport.com there was an amateur video of the assault at Phuket, Thailand. It was nothing, though, compared to most of the other palces.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

http://www.nbc10.com/news/4026938/detail.html

Here's a decent collection of vids and pix.

There's enough on the news for me, I mean mums and dads loosing their children children loosing their mums and dads. seeing dead people just lying there all over the place.
    western survivors telling how they survived (using a light tone of voice) almost as if the people around them whom died did not exist in some way.

Various news agencies and their journelsts decending upon the devestation like buzzards vying for the most horrific film, photos's and tragic stories possible to get better ratings.
    The whole thing is horrifying beyond belief the event and the news coverage and the way the international media are behaving around this disaster
    I am not keen to seek out more than I have already seen on the regular news
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Unfortunately, Penguin, it is those horrific pictures that bring in the relief dollars.

Those are amazing videos. Just shows how mother nature has no regards for social classes. God have mercy on them.

Wow.

That really puts things in perspective! Thanx. Hey Benn, did you read about the divers who were under water there?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Has anyone found any computer generated animations.

Originally posted by benncool
    Unfortunately, Penguin, it is those horrific pictures that bring in the relief dollars.

Those are amazing videos. Just shows how mother nature has no regards for social classes. God have mercy on them.
    I am just waiting for the bible thumpers to start talking how this is gods vengence.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Reminds me of the storm surge we got here, except we were all hiding inside buildings when it came.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Originally posted by coolwhip
    I wonder how much money the catholic church is going to donate towords reparations?

Just curious..
    The Catholic Relief Services has always been a world wide organization which will help anyone in a variety of ways.

The Bishop of Albany has already annouced on the news media that a second collection for the tsunami victims will be conducted this weekend. I don't think there has ever been a question about Catholic charity. We were always thaught to 'cast your bread upon the waters.'

About 15 years ago one of my children got himself into some real trouble which devastated his poor mother and enraged me. Being that he was one of four kids I just did not know how to handle the whole situation. I went to the local Pastor for advice. He immediately made an appointment with a private practice family pyschologist who was on retainer with the Diocese. That saved our family from a very trying time in our life.

There was never a bill sent to us. Or any mention of paying for the service rendered. Even now as I look back on it the work of the pyschologist was priceless.

[Edited by benncool on 01-02-2005 at 08:37 AM]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast