Post Likes

Morning Warm-up on Trane Tracer Summit

I have been trying to correct the morning warm up on the trane tracer for a vav system with trane intellipaks. Currently the economizer goes to min pos. and the fan ramps up all the way, but the vavs don't drive to max like they should. This system hasn't been set up right as a whole and this is one of the major problems i am looking to correct. I found in set up a area called VAS. First off i was wondering what that stands for. I also found a box that says check mark this if when ever the VAS is in heat drive vavs to max. So i checked that. Is this the only thing i need to do. If not what other setting should i check to see if they are correct/ need to change?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You..
    J. King

Post Likes
    John,
    The VAS stands for variable air system, it's basically a protection for the AHU. When a box is occupied by an area the vas checks to see that the minimum airflow required by the boxes is greater than the minimum of the AHU. As for the check box it only applies if the AHU has heat in it, a lot of the time down south they do air rotation to redistribute the heat from the heat boxes to area without heat. Look under the box properties and see if there's a referencer in the drive open slot.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
    John,
    The VAS stands for variable air system, it's basically a protection for the AHU. When a box is occupied by an area the vas checks to see that the minimum airflow required by the boxes is greater than the minimum of the AHU. As for the check box it only applies if the AHU has heat in it, a lot of the time down south they do air rotation to redistribute the heat from the heat boxes to area without heat. Look under the box properties and see if there's a referencer in the drive open slot.
    My AHU does have heat in it. And the way it is worded i assumed that if i checked marked to drive vavs to max when VAS is in heat that it would open them all up on morning warmup. If it doesn't i am looking to know what i need to do to get that to happen during morning warm up
    J. King

Post Likes
    Do you have comm4 VAS or Lontalk VAS?

If you have a comm4 VAS then you need to reference the VAV airflow drive max under VAS setup to the I-paks vav drive max heat property.

If you have a lontalk VAS then you need to click the set vav reference button under VAS members. Then check mark the second box which says reference all vav boxes drive max heat to ahu max heat active. Then hit ok.

You boxes should now open when AHU goes to max heat/morning warmup.

Post Likes
    i have comm4 VAS.. So how exactly do i set that up?
    J. King