NC H3-1 LISCENSE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am currently preparing for the H3 class 1 State liscense exam and am considering relocating to the Emerald Isle area.Currently I live in Ohio and was wondering if anybody can tell me what kind of work I can find in this area.Are you better off working for yourself or working for a company? If so can you get a much better pay rate with a State liscense working for somebody else? I have not found a whole lot of companies in this area.

Where is Emerald isle? Sorry is that in North Carolina? I only ask because we live on the Emerald coast

[Edited by oneacman on 12-29-2004 at 10:54 AM]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oneacman
    [B]Where is Emerald isle? Sorry is that in North Carolina? I only ask because we live on the Emerald coast Emerald Isle is in North Carolina. It is located just about 15 minutes South of Jacksonville and about 50 minutes North of Willmington Nc. 20 minutes down the coast of Atlantic Beach Nc on the Barrier Islands

Emerald Isle is located between Jaksonville NC and Willmington NC on the Barrier Islands just about 20 minutes South of Atlantic Beach

If you have passed the H-3 lic. requirements in NC, it will help you from an employment standpoint. As far as if you should start your own business, it's up to you. I would work for someone first to get a feel for the terratory then make the move if you desire. I have five state licienses in NC and have no desire to go into business for myself.

================================================== ======
    The sweetness of a low price never out lasts the bitterness of poor quality.

Mafvif;
    You may want to consider gaining some contacts before you enter into business for yourself.
    Tech'sfixitbest;
    What is your license # in the state of North Carolina?
    I can't find your name in the state registry database.

[Edited by chillbilly on 01-23-2005 at 01:58 PM]

H1,2 and 3 08677
    Ref. 3387
    limited electrical - not sure of number

Originally posted by chillbilly
    Mafvif;
    You may want to consider gaining some contacts before you enter into business for yourself.
    Tech'sfixitbest;
    What is your license # in the state of North Carolina?
    I can't find your name in the state registry database.

[Edited by chillbilly on 01-23-2005 at 01:58 PM]
    I have not taken the test yet. Im going to the triad class in March and then I plan on taking my test. Right now all that I am doing is trying to get organized and make the relocation as simple as possible. I currently have a yearly income of around $45,000 so I want to be as organized as much as possible especially with a wife and three children. Im just trying to get a feel of what work is like in the Emerald Isle Nc area.

mafvif I lived in Wilmington NC for two years their was a lot of work the pay was bad.I have been to Emarld Isle & Jaksonville.Emarid Isle is a very nice place but it didn't look like their was much work.All new homes that I could see.But you could do some work in Jaksonville & some in Emarld Isle & Wilmington would be a good place to branch out to latter.A lot of hvac companies in Jaksonville do work in wilmington if you do work in wilmington you will have to get a newhand over J1 & J2 card to do work there & all of you guys will have to have one to.

mafvif what made you deside to move there?

Originally posted by framehvac
    mafvif I lived in Wilmington NC for two years their was a lot of work the pay was bad.I have been to Emarld Isle & Jaksonville.Emarid Isle is a very nice place but it didn't look like their was much work.All new homes that I could see.But you could do some work in Jaksonville & some in Emarld Isle & Wilmington would be a good place to branch out to latter.A lot of hvac companies in Jaksonville do work in wilmington if you do work in wilmington you will have to get a newhand over J1 & J2 card to do work there & all of you guys will have to have one to.
    My wife and I have been coming down there for years now and actually I have been down there just about every year since I have been a kid and we just really like the area.Originally I was interested in the Kill Devil Hills area and I was actually hired by outerbanks cooling and heating but the housing in that area is very exspensive and last year we vacationed in Emeral Isle and we really liked it. It seemed alot less crowdwed and more laid back. I also thought that this would be a good area because of the fact that Jacksonville was so close as well as Wilmington and I figuared that this would be a great area to draw work from. What is the newhand over J1&J2? I did not notice any local companies on the barrier islanda between Emerald Isle and Atlantic Beach are there any or do they all come from Jacksonville?

Most are in jaksonville in that area but not a lot of most are in wilmington. the J1 is a test to do work in wilmington it is about local codes the J2 is a gas card for wilmington.Look to start out low on the hour I think I would thank again about moving there it is a nice place but if you get a job you will have to stay their because their willn't be very many opportuniteis there.What do you do in the hvac field?

I am looking too but the beach doesn't pay well.If you go to wilmington to work I can give you some names that I would work for & not to work for.you can email my framehvac@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast