Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    This is probably not pertinent to the conversation. But I am noticing more and more people wanting to get the H. E. double hockey sticks out of the USA. Are they smarter than I am?? Are they ignorant?

Who knows really. I'm too busy trying to feed my family at the moment to do such drastic things or to think about the mess in our government.

I'm doing what I have to do. Working and making money.
    IMO if they came to the USA during good times... they are just migrant workers that are headed towards greener pastures. Let them go...

And hopefully next time it will not be so easy to get into the country.

To answer Robo's thread question... NO, I doubt BHO will ever 'get it'. BHO is about power and opportunity... he is not about America. He will never 'get it'... Best thing to do is educate the voting public so BHO will not happen again.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Thumbs up

Some excellent posts Robo...keep on proclaiming!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

At the same time, I would have reverted back to allowing the financial institutions to have better guidelines and stronger restrictions on who can secure loans so that people incapable of or not willing to repay loans don't wind up getting them again. With that back in place, the banks could once again feel confident in lending money at more relaxed interest rates because of the lower risk.

I would also have kept our troops in Iraq and even escalated our presence there and in Afghanistan. I would alter the main course of action in these countries to securing the countries without regard to the indigenous political powers until those powers showed that they were willing to and able to control the terrorist factions within their countries. If anything, I would expand our military operations into Pakistan and into Iran and pretty much let the Islamic world understand that, as President W Bush declared after the attacks of 9/11, we will go wherever there is a presence of terrorists who wish to do harm to the U.S. or to Americans around the world.

The additional war efforts would put more Americans to work while the economy at home would stabilize due to less debt for the American people.
    The additional war efforts would put more Americans to work while the economy at home would stabilize due to less debt for the American people.

The theory that a war can get us out of a recession/depression is just Keynsian Economics. Except for the killing part. What is the difference between a war and defecit spending besides the killing?

What would the price of oil be with you starting more wars in the Muslim world?
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
    Well said and I agree with most of everything you've said.

I agree with keeping more troops at the moment overseas but how long of a wait do we have before we befriend the entire world or on the other hand and as many people will continually and tragically perish, how long before we are seen as the terrorists (intruders) themselves? Do we have to kill everyone?

It's probably already seen like that to many of those people and that's not being very friendly.

Eh. I'm going to politely bow out of the political issues now.
    Oh no you don't! You bring up too many good talking points to be bowing out now. You just sit right back down and keep posting, mister!

I really don't care at this point what other countries think of us. We need to think of our own safety before we compromise the safety of our citizens abroad over playing polite to a bunch of hypocrits whose countries we have played a major role in either protecting or rebuilding in the recent past.

Most of the countries that are turning their backs on the U.S. are doing so because they have allowed Muslims to have too much control in their countries and they are afraid of Islamic retalliation for siding with the U.S. I have no sympathy or tolerance for cowards at this point. Australia is one do the few countries that has set a decent example for how Muslims need to behave in that country. France is making a big show of controlling Muslim issues but in reality are doing nothing more then mouthing off.

If the U.S. stands it's ground and stays infiltrated in the Middle East, eventually other countries will start to follow our example rather then us becoming weaker just because others say they don't like us.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    This is probably not pertinent to the conversation. But I am noticing more and more people wanting to get the H. E. double hockey sticks out of the USA. Are they smarter than I am?? Are they ignorant?

Who knows really. I'm too busy trying to feed my family at the moment to do such drastic things or to think about the mess in our government.

I'm doing what I have to do. Working and making money.
    Who are you hearing that want to get out of the U.S. and where do they think is better?

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post

The theory that a war can get us out of a recession/depression is just Keynsian Economics. Except for the killing part. What is the difference between a war and defecit spending besides the killing?

What would the price of oil be with you starting more wars in the Muslim world?
    Wrong. There is nothing Keynesian about war being good for an economy, especially after a national debt relief was achieved.

The U.S. has plenty of oil. As soon as we stop pretending to be so concerned with Mother Earth on U.S. soil while still ravaging the same Mother Earth elsewhere, we simply won't need foreign oil. Or, if we take over the Iraqi oil fields in order to pay for the war efforts we can get our enemy to actually pay us to stop them from trying to achieve world domination by being a pain in everyone's collective behinds.

I disagree,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    I disagree,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    With what?

With what?
    I dont know, things were just going to smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    I dont know, things were just going to smoothly.
    Well, now you've gone and riled up the grammer police by using the word "to" where you should have used the word "too".

Well, now you've gone and riled up the grammer police by using the word "to" where you should have used the word "too".
    nuh uhhh ur wroang agin robbo

"I'm very, very proud to live in a country that is willing to elect an elegant man President (Obama), and a country who, for all its toughness, creates courageous artists." ~ Sean Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
    "I'm very, very proud to live in a country that is willing to elect an elegant man President (Obama), and a country who, for all its toughness, creates courageous artists." ~ Sean Penn.
    Sean Penn is a leftist idiot. Damned good actor, but like Cher, he should keep his mouth shut unless he's working.

Is "elegance" really a criteria we want in a leader? What does "elegant man" even mean? What is a courageous artist? The guy who does a portrait of Jesus Christ using animal excrement? Is that the kind of courageous artist Penn is talking about?

Why would you even give Sean Penn any credence for his off the wall, leftist opinions? Hell, I just might counter your Sean Penn comments with Lyndon LeRouche comments.

Here's another gem from Sean Penn that may put his political opinions in perspective;
    I think life's an irrational obsession.
    Sean Penn

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast