Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Sean Penn is a leftist idiot. Damned good actor, but like Cher, he should keep his mouth shut unless he's working.

Is "elegance" really a criteria we want in a leader? What does "elegant man" even mean? What is a courageous artist? The guy who does a portrait of Jesus Christ using animal excrement? Is that the kind of courageous artist Penn is talking about?

Why would you even give Sean Penn any credence for his off the wall, leftist opinions? Hell, I just might counter your Sean Penn comments with Lyndon LeRouche comments.

Here's another gem from Sean Penn that may put his political opinions in perspective;
    I said please DON'T START BREATHING FIRE AND GROWING HORNS.

Because Sean Penn, unlike many others, can think (and act, pun intended) for himself.

Life is an irrational obsession. I'm irrational and I'm obsessed with it.

Seems to be the case with a lot of us on here.

Anything or anyone opposite this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rToKEnySb7s

would be considered elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post

Can't argue with #2, that was funny.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

I said please DON'T START BREATHING FIRE AND GROWING HORNS.

Because Sean Penn, unlike many others, can think (and act, pun intended) for himself.

Life is an irrational obsession. I'm irrational and I'm obsessed with it.

Seems to be the case with a lot of us on here.
    Breathing fire? I'm not even breathing heavy.

Sean Penn may be able to think, but his thinking is as wacked out as is most of the thinking of people in the entertainment world. These folks live in a fantasy world where they are elitists who are catered to for their every whim. And look where it gets most of them.

Actors up until the past two centuries were not very respected people. They have become more notable and at least are not synonamous with hypocrisy as actors were in the days Jesus Christ walked the Earth. They still are not what can be called the norm.

How can you even have any respect for someone who is friends with the likes of Hugo Chavez, and agrees with Chavez when he rants about how terrible the U.S. is?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Next to President W Bush, Obama is a pansy in an oversized suit. I don't even know why people think that Obama is such a good speaker. Obama wouldn't last a month in a Toastmasters club with all of the uh's and um's he utters every sentence. No, President W Bush is certainly not a good public speaker, but no one is trying to claim he is elegant either.

However; President Bush certainly did keep us entertained with his public appearances and speeches.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    The theory that a war helps an economy is clearly Keynesian Economics. It is just govt. spending on steoroids nothing more. And I have posted previously a link that shows that military spending is not as good for an economy as domestic spending. Your ideas in this thread are clearly misguided.

Less than 2/3 of the stimulus was Keynesian since 37% were taxcuts.
    I would agree with the first bold type statement; and during a true 'hot' war, I would agree with the 'steroids' second statement. However;

There will ALWAYS be many a bully on the world playground... and as we all remember from grade school days: The ONLY way to stop a bully is to give them a bloody nose. Maintaining a superior military is the way the USA can dish out a bloody nose when necessary to remind the bullies in the world not to mess with us.

Now the easy way to justify military spending during non 'hot' war times is to have brush battles... to invest the R&D to develop the superior weapons... Remember that 'political power comes from the barrel of a gun' (quoted from a Chinese leader), and we did best when we 'speak softly yet carry a big stick' (quoted from a US president).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I would agree with the first bold type statement; and during a true 'hot' war, I would agree with the 'steroids' second statement. However;

There will ALWAYS be many a bully on the world playground... and as we all remember from grade school days: The ONLY way to stop a bully is to give them a bloody nose. Maintaining a superior military is the way the USA can dish out a bloody nose when necessary to remind the bullies in the world not to mess with us.

Now the easy way to justify military spending during non 'hot' war times is to have brush battles... to invest the R&D to develop the superior weapons... Remember that 'political power comes from the barrel of a gun' (quoted from a Chinese leader), and we did best when we 'speak softly yet carry a big stick' (quoted from a US president).
    Not sure if we have come up with new and inventive big sticks in the last twenty years. At least none that can justify the human and capital costs that have been spent.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Not sure if we have come up with new and inventive big sticks in the last twenty years. At least none that can justify the human and capital costs that have been spent.
    Much new technology comes from military advancements. It just stands to reason that since the military gets such a large portion of government spending that it is the military that also developes new technology that is later applied to non-military advancements. The microwave oven and certain heat transfer technology are two good examples.

[quote=RoBoTeq;8289811]

I would also have kept our troops in Iraq and even escalated our presence there and in Afghanistan. I would alter the main course of action in these countries to securing the countries without regard to the indigenous political powers until those powers showed that they were willing to and able to control the terrorist factions within their countries. If anything, I would expand our military operations into Pakistan and into Iran and pretty much let the Islamic world understand that, as President W Bush declared after the attacks of 9/11, we will go wherever there is a presence of terrorists who wish to do harm to the U.S. or to Americans around the world.
    The additional war efforts would put more Americans to work while the economy at home would stabilize due to less debt for the American people.
    [/Most of the countries that are turning their backs on the U.S. are doing so because they have allowed Muslims to have too much control in their countries and they are afraid of Islamic retalliation for siding with the U.S. I have no sympathy or tolerance for cowards at this point. Australia is one do the few countries that has set a decent example for how Muslims need to behave in that country. France is making a big show of controlling Muslim issues but in reality are doing nothing more then mouthing off.

Muslims in the U.S. must be carefully watched as they do belong to the organization that has declared to actively rid the world of everyone who is not Muslim.

It is not possible to be completely faithful to Islam and not be a potential threat to the United States of America. It is up to Muslims to fix that little problem the best that they can to prevent being considered an enemy of the State.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anybody else ever wonder what it was like living firsthand in the 1920's and 30's?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345