Poor night vision?
    Any of you got bad night vision? I never had a problem with it before, but now it's getting real bad. I wear trifocals and can see ok during the day, but the darker it gets, the more out of focus things get.

What's really wierd is that the other night I looked out of the middle part of the lenses and could see clearer!! I thought the middle part was just for up to 5' or so?

You don't wanna be in a car with me driving at night.
    Been like that for quite sometime.
    I go real slooooooooooowwwwwwwww
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I used to play semi-pro baseball. Then, the last season I played, I couldn't see the ball coming off the bat. That was scary! I mentioned it to my boss and he said he noticed that he had a hard time focusing after dark, went to an optomotrist who told him he had "middle-age night blindness." Said 90% of men over age 35 suffer from it. I was 36. Said I probably had the same problem.

I made an appointment and, sure enough, same thing. Wrote me a prescription for the weakest lens they make, said to wear them only as necessary, and go live my life. My vision has gotten no worse and I seldom wear them but when I do (in movie theatres, watching TV from more than 30 feet, or in large arenas), they do make all the diff.

Go see your optomotrist.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

My biggest problem is after dark and the roads are wet. When cars are comming my direction, the lights make it so I can't even see the yellow line. and I am only 26 lol

thanks i have had this same problem for a while but refused to go to the Dr. guess you guys saved me a trip. who knew you could get medical advice at a place like this

must be my problem too.

for night driving I use yellow fog lights (personal and company) it helps to see the lines.

alm ii

Heh, I'm 37 and my night vision is so good it freeks people out sometimes.
    Glare and bright lights just kill me though.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech
    My biggest problem is after dark and the roads are wet. When cars are comming my direction, the lights make it so I can't even see the yellow line. and I am only 26 lol
    Try focusing on the white line. Just keep it to the right!

I read somewhere that having your glasses treated with a non-reflective coating will let more light through and cut down on the glare. Has anybody tried this?

another question for "Dr. Phil"..........

Did you know.......

that on newer vbehicles, the headlamps don't burn out, they just go dimmer? Hell, I was driving my wifes Expedition and thought I'm going BLIND! Put new SilverStar lamps in the thing and whalah! The old bulbs were just black.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau