Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Day One

Anyone here know what "Say's Law" is? It's basically the idea that supply creates its own demand. I would propose that if any federal funds are going to be appropriated anywhere, they should go toward the production of goods.

The US has over the course of the last 50 years become a consumer nation rather than a producer nation.

We (the US) can produce ourselves back into economic prosperity.

There's your solution.

Quote Originally Posted by phbsales View Post
    Anyone here know what "Say's Law" is? It's basically the idea that supply creates its own demand. I would propose that if any federal funds are going to be appropriated anywhere, they should go toward the production of goods.

The US has over the course of the last 50 years become a consumer nation rather than a producer nation.

We (the US) can produce ourselves back into economic prosperity.

There's your solution.
    I agree except I think it happened over 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Ahhhh, this illustrates the difference between a liberal and conservative.

You believe we can only exist with the help of the government. You believe the economy cannot function without government to make decisions for it and manage it. You believe that we must have big brother controlling all things, holding our hands while we walk, taking care of us. You believe that neither business nor regular people are capable of making decisions or taking care of their own money.

I believe that government is more often the problem than the solution. I believe that government partially caused this bad economy, and more government will likely make it worse or delay a recovery. That is what has been happening for the last two years. I believe in the strength of the American people and a free market system. I believe that the economy will fix itself if the government will only get out of the way. And gridlock is just that, getting government out of the way. Stopping the insane legislation of the last two years that has business in holding mode...terrified to hire or expand because of all the crap that will/would be thrown at it by bills like the healthcare plan or cap and tax.
    the difference between liberal and conservative is that conservatives do not need gov't?
    Capitalism will not exist without government overwatch end of story, especially since a republican government has put so many americans into debt and removed so many american jobs from the country.
    The government has to take control of certain things for the good of its people and to ensure we remain a strong nation.
    Free market doesnt exist anymore when conservatives have done everything possible to take the cheap way out, I am not saying liberals are 100% right in everything but you have to pick the better of the two, show me what republicans have done to prevent the current economy...

Typical of a conservative to be afraid of change and be happy with more gridlock over progress

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I agree except I think it happened over 30 years.
    Yeah, I just pulled 50 years out of thin air. You're probably right that it's closer to 30 years.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Bob View Post
    the difference between liberal and conservative is that conservatives do not need gov't?
    Capitalism will not exist without government overwatch end of story, especially since a republican government has put so many americans into debt and removed so many american jobs from the country.
    The government has to take control of certain things for the good of its people and to ensure we remain a strong nation.
    Free market doesnt exist anymore when conservatives have done everything possible to take the cheap way out, I am not saying liberals are 100% right in everything but you have to pick the better of the two, show me what republicans have done to prevent the current economy...

Typical of a conservative to be afraid of change and be happy with more gridlock over progress
    Now where did I state that we don't have a need for government?

You need to support these two statements with some actual facts.

republican government has put so many americans into debt and removed so many american jobs from the country.
    -and-

Free market doesnt exist anymore when conservatives have done everything possible to take the cheap way out,
    This oughta be good.

<cough> yeah, good luck with that K!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Now where did I state that we don't have a need for government?

You need to support these two statements with some actual facts.

-and-

This oughta be good.
    http://www.lafn.org/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html
    Republicans increasing debt drastically over a time period

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...bs-immediately

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s2i86244

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moa00qz-HAw
    Republicans hurting jobs including voting against a bill that would stop tax breaks for companies that outsource

http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/...are-just-wrong
    Conservatives assisting in hindering free market

daily kos???

the spoof???

Is anyone really going to look at these links?

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Bob View Post
    http://www.lafn.org/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html
    Republicans increasing debt drastically over a time period
    LMAO!! You really wanna post something like this one? Let's put just 2 years of Obama on the end of it...really.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    daily kos???

the spoof???

Its about as logical as the extreme rightist links that get posted everywhere I am sure you have read them though.

All those links contain actual stories check them out yourself, I simply needed to provide examples for k to look into.

Are you serious, Beav? Those are leftist propaganda sites. No wonder you have a skewed view of things if you read that crap.

Come back to reality, dude. There's plenty of blame to go around, but the Dems have probably done the most damage in increasing the debt and putting people out of work.

I looked at the first one. No story, a sensational chart, so what.

No. You haven't provided any 'facts' to back up your statements.

And no, you're ASSuming again that I've read everyone's 'extremist right' links too.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    daily kos???

the spoof???

LOL do you see the links posted by conservatives here?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast