Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Day One

Quote Originally Posted by phbsales View Post
    Here's an interesting read, from Ben Bernanke himself.
    http://www.federalreserve.gov/Bernan...d_20101104.pdf
    With
    short-term interest rates already about as low as they can go, the FOMC agreed to deliver that
    support by purchasing additional longer-term securities, as it did in 2008 and 2009.

Our earlier use of this policy approach had little effect on the amount of currency in
    circulation or on other broad measures of the money supply, such as bank deposits. Nor did it
    result in higher inflation.
    thats because the banks received there TARP money and they are sitting on it. They are to scared to start loaning money to anyone.

Two years ago the banks couldn't wait to give people loans to conduct business. I personally know one guy that is $300,000 in debt.(don't worry, 300G's to this guy is pocket change) The banks couldn't wait to give this guy more money, He had to write a formal letter to (several) banks and ask them to stop sending him requests for loans.

Today that same guy, even with a A++ credit rating got refused a loan to expand his business

To say the least the guy was shocked. But it illustrates the problem with the current economic situation.

Nothing is going to improve until the banks start releasing the funds they are sitting on
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Here is a good example of what I said

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    you gentleman seem to forget, there is still two months left of democratic control.

And personally, I ain't to worried about Nobama anymore. I'm worried about Bernanke and his "Quantitative Easing"

Printing more money without any income or backing is not risky, it down right dangerous.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this economy is headed for another serious bust. with inflation right on it's heels.

day one? Thats all most laughable. It's going to take 50 years to recover from what has been "accomplished" in the last two years
    Ben Shalom Bernanke[1] (pronounced /bərˈnæŋki/ bər-NAN-kee;[2] born December 13, 1953) is an American economist, and the current Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve. Previously, he served as Fed Governor and Chairman of President George W. Bush's Council of Economic Advisers.

Contents [hide]

See this man was made for the Job when he was Bush's Chairman of Economic Advisors

What ever the Fed is doing now, woild be exactly the same thing a GOP president would be seeing.

All of you so called conservatives have no idea what you want, even when you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Ben Shalom Bernanke[1] (pronounced /bərˈnæŋki/ bər-NAN-kee;[2] born December 13, 1953) is an American economist, and the current Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve. Previously, he served as Fed Governor and Chairman of President George W. Bush's Council of Economic Advisers.

Contents [hide]

See this man was made for the Job when he was Bush's Chairman of Economic Advisors

What ever the Fed is doing now, woild be exactly the same thing a GOP president would be seeing.

All of you so called conservatives have no idea what you want, even when you have it.
    another reason why the FOMC should be abolished. And Bernanke is voted into the chairmanship by the rest of "the fed"
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

you gentleman seem to forget, there is still two months left of democratic control.

And personally, I ain't to worried about Nobama anymore. I'm worried about Bernanke and his "Quantitative Easing"

Printing more money without any income or backing is not risky, it down right dangerous.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this economy is headed for another serious bust. with inflation right on it's heels.

day one? Thats all most laughable. It's going to take 50 years to recover from what has been "accomplished" in the last two years
    Actually QE2 is designed to guard against deflation, which is the bigger problem at the moment. They are hoping for some moderate inflation.

another reason why the FOMC should be abolished. And Bernanke is voted into the chairmanship by the rest of "the fed"
    As soon as you figured out it was happening , you'd b!tch about it

Duh..........none of them take office until January.
    Actually not true, there are atleast two congressman being officially sworn in next week. One has already been unofficially sworn in yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Actually not true, there are atleast two congressman being officially sworn in next week. One has already been unofficially sworn in yesterday.
    I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Wrong

The concept actually began in the late 60's. It came to a head again during the Clinton administration when he got behind Kyoto. Bush refused to sign Kyoto, effectively killing C&T for the remainder of his term. Both Obama and the Democratic leadership drug this back out as soon as they were in power and it was one of the main items in their agenda until recently when they realized they've lost the battle for now.

Oh and, True conservatives don't like a lot of the things that Republicans want to do.
    "Boccieri is correct that the "cap and trade" concept was pioneered by Republicans.

MIT economics professor Richard Schmalensee and Harvard Kennedy School government professor Robert Stavins noted in July that Ronald Reagan used a "cap-and-trade" system to phase out leaded gasoline and George H.W. Bush established a "cap-and-trade" system that reduced the sulfur dioxide emissions that cause acid rain
    "

"I don’t understand what Republicans are doing against this. It was their idea. John McCain introduced cap and trade legislation three times."

http://politifact.com/ohio/statement...gop-sen-john-/

I didn't know that.
    I mean your concept is correct but there are 2-4 seats that will be filled right away. One is in Fla I think and one is in Indiana I think. There may be 2 more.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    "Boccieri is correct that the "cap and trade" concept was pioneered by Republicans.

MIT economics professor Richard Schmalensee and Harvard Kennedy School government professor Robert Stavins noted in July that Ronald Reagan used a "cap-and-trade" system to phase out leaded gasoline and George H.W. Bush established a "cap-and-trade" system that reduced the sulfur dioxide emissions that cause acid rain
    "

"I don’t understand what Republicans are doing against this. It was their idea. John McCain introduced cap and trade legislation three times."

http://politifact.com/ohio/statement...gop-sen-john-/
    You're splitting hairs here.

AC's statement was that it was Dubya's idea. That's not correct.

And the concept is not all bad, but this crazy plan Obama nd the congressional Dems had would have been an economic disaster.

And McCain is not a conservative...not even close.

Let me be clear...I'm not trying to make this a Republican against Democrat game; I'm not married to either party. Conservatism is the game I play.

And the concept is not all bad, but this crazy plan Obama nd the congressional Dems had would have been an economic disaster.

Let me be clear...I'm not trying to make this a Republican against Democrat game; I'm not married to either party. Conservatism is the game I play.
    Your previous post mentions Clinton with no mention of Reagan or Bush 41. One might think you were making it a Dem vs Rep thing. Is Reagan still considered a conservative? I still am confused about all this talk that conservatives were so unhappy during 2000-2008.

George H W Bush is W's dad. A little reading comprehension is on the menu for today

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Cap and tax or cap and trade was dreamed up by George H W Bush

How is it that the brilliance of the GOP is so reviled by its constituents in the future?
    See, here it is again

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast