Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Day One

Day One

of a brand new world. And nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    It's the promise of positive change to come and an end to negative change. Just wait. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

it's like waiting on the ice cream truck only to have it drive off without stopping

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    It's the promise of positive change to come and an end to negative change. Just wait. Thank you, thank you very much.
    I have already heard that the republicans have assured the banks and brokerage houses that the Volker Rule will not be enforced. Positive change alright.

Volker Rule
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcker_Rule
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I have already heard that the republicans have assured the banks and brokerage houses that the Volker Rule will not be enforced. Positive change alright.

Volker Rule
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcker_Rule
    Funny during the first 2 years of Obama the doors were thrown wide open at the banks and all our savings (401K, savings, value of the dollar, etc.) disappeared along with our jobs but don't worry he still has blind supporters here on this forum and elsewhere who will do his bidding no matter what he has done or plans on doing.

To make a successful Red Revolution the end justifies the means for all you true believers. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Funny during the first 2 years of Obama the doors were thrown wide open at the banks and all our savings (401K, savings, value of the dollar, etc.) disappeared along with our jobs but don't worry he still has blind supporters here on this forum and elsewhere who will do his bidding no matter what he has done or plans on doing.

To make a successful Red Revolution the end justifies the means for all you true believers. Thank you, thank you very much.
    I am speechless.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

the doors were thrown open so the banks could get the money from Bush's stimulus. Take a toke off your bong Glen. It'll help with the memory.

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=INDEXDJXJI

"rome wasn't built in a day"

Nor crashed in a day, so things change but they generally take time. The newbies take office in January, correct? They have to find a hotel, figure out where where the bathroom is, order office furniture, and stuff like that.

There is a delayed effect, there is not a 24 hour whirl-wind of change.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I have already heard that the republicans have assured the banks and brokerage houses that the Volker Rule will not be enforced. Positive change alright
    Do you have a link for this?

Mortgage backed securities were traditionally a good investment before our liberal social engineers decided it was a good idea to fine banks if they did not give loans to people who could not afford houses. Even when it became clear that the house of cards was about to crumble, liberal icon and chief commerade of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Rep. Barney Frank assured us that all was sound.

Here is one of the biggest reasons why we are "in the ditch"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

And here you have rep Barney Frank....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRVIeCYAJFk&NR=1

The truth about why we are in the ditch.

Here is how much things have not changed. Dan Issa plans to have 280 investigations so far. I hope I am not on Obama's Christmas card list. Issa has stated that Obama is one of the most corrupt presidents in modern history. Issa has also claimed that the ARRA was corrupt. All this and Obama has let "W" and Cheyney go free for all their crimes.

I've already stated what I expect of the Republicans for the next two years.

Gridlock.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast