+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Biggest Success? What Was It?

Post Likes
    What was your greatest accomplishment in the industry?
    Was it a system you couldnt figure out and finally did? Or was it a sale you closed?

Was it overcoming a relationship with someone whom you didnt get along with?

One of mine was getting my first Contractor's license! That was a big one.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Greatest accomplishment: finally finding a job in this industry I really enjoy.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by rick (dfw)
    Greatest accomplishment: finally finding a job in this industry I really enjoy.
    I know what you mean. I've had a few of those myself.

Post Likes
    Having made it into my 25th year in biz. All alone, no bankruptcies, no major disasters, still healthy......except for my back I mean.
    I have no idea how I managed that .......
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    First major project, going back a few years. 80 nominal ton glycol system, Large Bread Bakery in Medley, Fla. Drove from West Palm every morning for a while to complete this thing from start to finish. Recently, mastering or what I think is mastering a pair of Carrier 23XL's with very little help from the afore mentioned. To sum it all up, just glad that I've stuck with this "thing we do" for 23 years, if it was easy, everybody would be doin' it.....

Post Likes
    Installing 25 carrier rtus and setting them up on a vvt system. That was 6 years ago and they just tore down the building. Each of these units had a 1000 dollar ultrasonic humidifier which was tied in with an r.o. system.

Post Likes
    im still waiting to have an acomplishment but when i do you will be the first to know bout it i promise

Post Likes
    Marrying a women that doesn't think I'm out screwing around on her when it's after 6 pm. and doesn't call me all the time to check up on me. Can't beat that.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Post Likes

Putting my shoes on the right feet. Thanks to my wife for putting that funny looking letter on the shoe that goes on the same foot with the hand I wave good-bye with.

Post Likes
    R-12, have to go along with you on getting the license. After working for 2 different companys for over 15 years that close their doors and leave the country, it is just good to have a job that there is some what of a demand for. Plus you always are learning and the only way you can get stuck in that rut is if you allow it to happen.

Post Likes
    pneumatics controls !! they used to drive me nuts.

Post Likes
    Without a doubt my greatest accomplishment was finding a job who was willing to take me with my limited knowledge. Now, four years later, I feel like part of the family. It's a small company, and I feel like it'd take a lot to get me to leave.

press1 is offline Professional Member BM -bad email address
    Post Likes
    Wow! I must be pretty pethetic. Getting my license wasn't that big of a deal, in fact, four months ago I picked up my third. I now have C-20, C-38, and C-10 (HVAC, Refrigeration, and Electrical) respectively.

I don't think it's a big deal because I have seen some of the other licensed contractors out there. I know teeth are not a requirement, and drinking on the job is normal for some, but not for me.

I also have been in business only for 1 year, and we just incorporated.

I'm not bragging, I still don't feel like I've accomplished anything. I'm envious of 'selfemployed', my wife is always telling my how bad I'm doing. She doesn't think I'm screwing around...but she doesn't think I run my business the way it should be.

We have just gone flat rate with our service dept, and I have great employees.

Nice job guys...keep up the good work.

Post Likes
    Thinking about it ,My biggest success is to have found something that I enjoy doing ! and being 100% sure that this is it for me,life doesnt get any better that that,loving what you are doing,getting up in the morning exited about going to work! its a awesome feeling,I' feel bless thank God!!!!

Post Likes
    Yeah, somedays it ain't all that bad..............
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Mine would have to be the pipefitting and plumbing of the worlds only chemical defense training facility in Ft Leonard Wood. over 50 miles of pipe , stainless steel , copper , black carbon, and pvc . Exhaust ducts and fans realistically able to run thru if your 6' or under , and waste stack was over 120 ft tall with filters going to it as big as tractor trailors you see on the hwy.
    It all took 2 yrs to finish and still scared to show pictures of it . ~ they confiscated my first camera ~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in