Thread: Reflections

Looking back on the past year, are you better off now than you were a year ago? Did you have a good or bad year? Do any of you feel you have made a difference in someone’s life? Did anyone make a difference in yours?
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Sometimes you are up and some times you are down. It is called "life" and every day above ground is a good one.

I don't feel like I mad a difference in someone's life. I did and someone made one in mine.

I'm way better off.

I paid off my house this year. Been a great year for biz. Me and my Mother-in-Law both made a big difference in each others lives. We started off as close relatives and now that I'm sure both of us would shoot the other one dead if the opportunity aroze.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

A good friend and neighbor lost a lung two years ago. Lost a kidney right before this Christmas. Yet he still finds time to help others. Recently I saw him get a hug and kiss from a little girl he had gotten some School clothes for. When I saw the love and appreciation in that little girls face, I realized, I was envious of him.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by frozensolid
    A good friend and neighbor lost a lung two years ago. Lost a kidney right before this Christmas. Yet he still finds time to help others. Recently I saw him get a hug and kiss from a little girl he had gotten some School clothes for. When I saw the love and appreciation in that little girls face, I realized, I was envious of him.
    nICE.

[Edited by spotts on 12-27-2004 at 07:24 PM]
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Well I will put it this way............I lived with my sister for 2 years and got out on my own for 9 months. Then my OTHER sister asked me to move in after her breakup with her b/f to help her out with rent.

Those 9 months were the best part of it all...........now she *****es me out for everything, rags on me all the time, and *****es about me behined my back and every little thing I do that irritates her or she doesn't like, she goes and tells my other sister the next time she talks.

Since I have lived here I have racked up over $3,000 in credit card debt and have **** to show for it.

So now with my tax refund and some DJ money I am going to pay it all off and get out of here........for all I care the ***** can go to a homeless shelter.

Are you saying that your sister is a *****?

This sounds like the Dr. Phil show. I think he mildly wanted to know how you were doing.

Some times the days are hard and they fly by way to fast when they aren't hard but each year since I have been in this industry has been better than the last. Some not so much better but each has had more positives than negatives by a long distance so it makes life easier I guess.

i'm better off. finally found a job i'm happy with. tried the big companys, now with small family owned business where employees get to have input, and where employees are apreciated. took a paycut on hourly pay, but it was worth every penny.
    i wanted to put a picture here

I can say I am better off than last year. I have a son I didn't have last year. I have a beautiful wife one more year than last. My daughter is one year older. I am one year older and still healthy. 1 more year of memories. The business is in less debt than last year. My parents are healthy. I got to go deer hunting for two weeks. I am a very lucky man! God Bless Y'all.

this has been the best year I can remember. I finally got myself dug out from all the debt I stacked up after the post 9/11 layoffs. I am having a house built, complete in march. My wife has gone back to school to finish up her education. I am good.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order