Question

Hi. I'm considering going to a technical college in Louisiana that offers HVAC/R. It is called Louisiana Technicial College. It looks like it is ok, but I wanted to see if anyone has attended the school or has any opinions otherwise. Thanks.

Go for it....and learn all that you can in hvac school.

Just read that all onstructors in community colleges in Louisiana must go through or have some sort of Bacharach training. Very good idea IMO and would love for Texas to require the same thing.

Contact NormChris. And or Lmtd. Dont go unless you get a healthy recomendation.

I'd also recomend you use this site to take the test questions listed here by Don.

Then you will have a better idea of your areas of strength and weakness. This will enable you to better focus while you are attending school.

And please ttry to network with others so you can work when your not in class.

And dont be intimidated here by the handful of snobs who pick on those who ask dumb questions. They are just showing off for their own shame.

Ask questions here, often. Look up answers here using the search feature.

Thanks for all of the input. I'll get with those people mentioned for their recommendation.

What exactly is Bacharach training?

Originally posted by nwfl29

What exactly is Bacharach training?
    http://www.bacharach-training.com

Which location are you considering? The baton rouge campus is HVAC Excellence Certified (maybe some other campuses too). As someone who did his research and is a student there i can tell you that it is quite impressive! I can't speak to the other locations.

I am considering the Bogalusa campus. I read they are HVAC Excellence Certified like the Baton Rouge campus. However, the Bogalusa campus would be closer to where I am at. I think they are trying to do that with all of their campuses that have an HVAC program.

That they are. Where are you now, Pensacola? Does PCC have a program?

I'm about to be in Slidell, LA. There is no program at the community college in Pensacola. There was a program in Okaloosa county, but I think it will work out better doing this program in Louisiana.