Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need to replace 3 ton 20yr old Amana gas pack is Goodman decent?

I need to replace a 20 year old 3 ton Amana gas pack. I was told that a Goodman 3ton 15SEER gas pack would be a good option. They are supposed to have a 10 year parts and labor warranty. Any feedback on Goodman would be much appreciated.

Goodman makes AMANA.

One is as good as the other, until you get to the top of the model structure.

Other brands will BASH goodman, BECAUSE they cannot COMPETE with the PRICE.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

In a Good, Better, Best, scenario, Goodman would fall under the Good category.

there are a lot of brand threads scattered around here. being less expencive goodman gets installed by a lot of DIY's and fly by night outfits. If the istallation is bad or the thing does not get proper maintenance the pro's get to try to fix thease disasters.

also I have no doubt that the GMP, GMN, and GMPN modles made in the 1990s had weak heat exchangers. they were very sensitive to bad installation and dirty filters. Nothing built by man has its faults.

I was concerned because the price seems so much lower than the other alternatives I have looked at (Carrier, Trane) but our HVAC guy really likes the Goodman. He said Goodman is a good product at a good price with an unbeatable warranty. He thought with the other brands ie Carrier, Trane I would be paying for the name. Do you agree?

My HVAC guy has been in business for 30 years and I am not worried about his installation of Goodman. I just wanted to make sure it was a decent product.

If you trust your guy then go with his recomendation, He will be the one servicing it. you cant buy going off of brand names, cause in the heat of summer when it breaks DAVE LENNOX is not coming to your house to fix it ect..go with what your guy feels comfortable putting in.. I would have no problem putting goodman in my home.

yeah, I think you pay for some names. but it can be more than that. My in-laws caddy really is nicer than my ford, but it doesn't get down the road any faster. it is not cheaper to fuel or maintain. so is it worth the exta?

Any other brands you think I should consider? I have never had to replace an HVAC unit before.

I want to get a good quality, reliable system without spending more than I need to.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by jbIKE View Post
    I need to replace a 20 year old 3 ton Amana gas pack. I was told that a Goodman 3ton 15SEER gas pack would be a good option. They are supposed to have a 10 year parts and labor warranty. Any feedback on Goodman would be much appreciated.
    no

@jbike

again on here you'll get guys saying all different brands and probably leave you feeling the same with the same questions......

Are you debating between different bids or you going with your hvac guy?

If your going with your guy, the best advice i could give you is to let him advise you on the systems he has dealt with and you guts can come up with something you'll both feel good about.

We deal with alot of Goodman packaged products here in Vegas and they perform just fine.
    For every neighborhood that I see a new Trane, Carrier, Lennox, or Rheem, I see 10+ new Goodmans around them. They must be doing something right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast