Thread: york controls

ive seen where york is advertising there new bacnet based systems was wondering if any of you have seen these installed ,and why they went bacnet before lon is beyond me ,what a huge waste of money,they wil probably sell 5 systems a year.

Yes, I've seen their new stuff and they'll still sell plenty of it every year because of the name "York". It's basically the same as before, with some new window dressing. They've added some new hardware, but with the same logic. When you're writing complex sequences for large central plants, you'll probably still run out of memory and transfers. Without getting into the Bacnet Lon debate, there are just as many reasons to go Bacnet as not to. By the way, I've got boxes of the old York stuff (ISN and Andover) in our shop, that we changed out from jobs and replaced with something else. Their new front end is still very difficult, I had heard they were going to be using the Delta or something like it front end, but I've yet to see that one.

Thumbs up

YES!YORK, is going the same route using BacNet that Delta Controls has taken.Their new OWS graphics are making a stand.York has a new line of controls out called, Connexsys.

York? Bacnet

York is name branding Delta Controls. So I do not beleive that they have product integration (RTUs, Chillers, UVs, etc) like Trane.

Delta makes a decent product, but like all controls it's the people, contracting and service organization that determines customer satisfaction. Find out who they hired and where they came from.

Cool

I beleive that york has the capablties of intergrating
    in many types of ways.They can do RTU'S,&CHILLERS using
    their Mod Linc,Cx-TC,and Gateways of different types of
    protocal.They have come along way since ISN and Andover.
    So you can throw that box in the trash.