Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For Christmas one year I got a Daisy BB gun. I was 8 or 10 years old. Shot dove's, tin can's, garbage cans ect. Can't remember if I ever doing stupid or dangerous with that gun. Well maybe some stuff. Do little boys get Daisy BB guns for Christmas anymore? The last one I bought was in 1982.

When I was about 6 my 12 year old brother bought me a BB gun for Christmas. My mother would not heard of it and made him return it for something else. We were both bummed out. The things you remember huh? That must have been around 1952.

Talking

Hey Benn that sounds bad. Do you think it was for the best? I shot my sister in the butt one time. Got a whooping for that! Did it scar you for life?

When I was 10 or so, I got a bb gun for xmas from dad, after I shot it in the house mom took away all my bb's.

But I found out that "Lite-brite" plastic plugs fit in the there pretty good and left some pretty good welts on my brothers hehe
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

You'll shoot your eye out.

No way kids get *any* fun stuff for Christmas anymore... Too many people around who know better than you what is good for your kids. When I was growing up there was nothing under the tree other that stuff that could maim or kill a kid, great fun! Guns, Nitro powered RC cars, home chemistry kits (Hey MOM, I made a Volcano!). You could still buy gunpowder at K-mart, and no one abused model glue... Spray paint was for painting your bike, and nobody you knew did drugs... AH, the good old days! :-)

You've really got me smiling now, good thread... I had 3 brothers, 2 older and 1 younger. Lots of trouble in our house! One year we got a dartboard under the tree with real darts, sharpened steel tips and all. My brother Mark cornered me in the basement and told me to "dance" just like in the old Westerns when the bad guy shot at the feet of the Hero... I told him to "stick it" and he did, dart right to the shin bone, it stuck and wouldn't come out! Christmas used to bring with it real adventure! Hospital type adventures!

Do little boys get Daisy BB guns for Christmas anymore?

No, now they want something like a tech 9 or an ozi
    anything in the sub-machine gun catagory will do though

Used to have BB gun fights in the neighborhood. Got caught in a tree once, man that stinged.

Smile

Control_ Your my type of guy.

both of my boys have bb guns thats the best present ever

Home is Azle Texas, work in Dallas-Fort Worth & surrounding areas.

My daughter got a Crossman 760 pump bb/pellet gun (same model I had as a kid)about 5 years ago,I put an old scope on it & she is hell on wasp's, birds & such. Now has a 410. She is my hunting & fishing buddy. Being outdoors with her is one of the best gifts I could ever wish for. She is 14 going on 30 now & I realize that she is getting more & more into the girl things.

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!!!!
    Life as an adult is much like life in kindergarten - If I make it through the day without crying or hitting some one, then it was a good day!

got a bb gun for christmas 1973, two weeks later another freind and myselfwere heading up to the woods to shoot,still at my house,my freind at the house with the other gun ,believe it or not tryed to shoot the pom pom off my other freinds hat,hit him square in the pupil,i never heard anyone scream like my freind who got hit,30 yrs later his eye is still a mess,law suits were filed ,big money involved,still great freinds with him,not with the shooter,loved that gun,my father got home from work that afternoon and busted that thing in a million pieces,he was pissed,bottom line,guns suck,accidents will happen,i know that was stupidity.no guns no problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast