Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    163

    dang another Kalifornia

    LOS ANGELES Gov. Arnold Schwarzeneger says welfare recipients can no longer use state-issued debit cards at medical marijuana shops, psychics and other businesses whose services have been deemed "inconsistent with the intent" of the program.

    The Los Angeles Times reports that Schwarzenegger sent a letter to county welfare directors Monday announcing that ATMS and point-of-sale card readers in such businesses will be removed from the network that accepts California's Electronic Benefits Transfer cards.

    Other businesses affected by the ban include bail bond establishments, bingo halls, cruise ships and tattoo parlors.

    In June, Schwarzenegger barred welfare cards at casino ATMs following a Times report that CalWORKS cards were being used to withdraw cash in more than half the casinos in the state.


    "inconsistent with the intent" of the program, NO ****

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,594
    ...like, major bummer man!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,172
    I am surprised any of that was eligable for purchase with a welfare card to begin with.
    Saddle Up!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,827
    Quote Originally Posted by -80guru View Post
    I am surprised any of that was eligable for purchase with a welfare card to begin with.
    Why? Do you think the less fortunate should be relegated to daytime TV and only support grocery stores. Casino employees need to work also.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,172
    The less fortunate should be relegated to getting a job although that may be beneath them. As far as Casinos, they can get their revenue from people who have EARNED their money.
    Saddle Up!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,827
    Quote Originally Posted by -80guru View Post
    The less fortunate should be relegated to getting a job although that may be beneath them. As far as Casinos, they can get their revenue from people who have EARNED their money.
    But the casinos have to give some of the profits to the state. It makes sense for the states money to be returned to them. More casinos should be built.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,172
    I am fine with casinos being built and people going if they choose to, It's a waste of money though, but still free to choose. But when one is under a welfare/food stamp income there is little to no room for extra expenses such as gambling, or other unecessary outgo. If they have the extra income They need to spend it for necessities. When they GET a JOB and then have extra income then use the extra income for gambling and other such things still a poor choice.
    Saddle Up!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,827
    Explain to me what the difference is between these 2 .


    spending 250.00 to go to a cowboys game , which last about 4 hours , or spending the same 250.00 at a casino and staying all day

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    S.W. Missouri
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Explain to me what the difference is between these 2 .


    spending 250.00 to go to a cowboys game , which last about 4 hours , or spending the same 250.00 at a casino and staying all day
    There is no difference but if your on welfare you shouldn't be doing either one. You should be buying food, rent or some other crap you might actually need.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by -80guru View Post
    The less fortunate should be relegated to getting a job although that may be beneath them. As far as Casinos, they can get their revenue from people who have EARNED their money.
    And take away all those jobs from the fine upstanding people that are willing to work but are having a tough time finding jobs right now? Now that does not sound fair.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,827
    Quote Originally Posted by mobowhntr View Post
    There is no difference but if your on welfare you shouldn't be doing either one. You should be buying food, rent or some other crap you might actually need.
    Are you an advocate of all work and no play?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Why? Do you think the less fortunate should be relegated to daytime TV and only support grocery stores. Casino employees need to work also.
    Day time looking for work? Support grocery store YES. casino spending other peoples money NO


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,172
    And take away all those jobs from the fine upstanding people that are willing to work but are having a tough time finding jobs right now? Now that does not sound fair.

    What?? only welfare cases go to casinos? Now I know you are smarter than that!
    Saddle Up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event