I'm new to the forum so not quite sure where to post this. Please provide link if there are previous threads. I did a search, but didn't find relevant results, plus there were 500 threads to filter thru.

My question concerns the Accumulator Object BACnetScale Property and its workings.

Are devices supposed to support both floatScale and integerScale at same time?

This property, of type BACnetScale, indicates the conversion factor to be multiplied with the value of the Present_Value property to provide a value in the units indicated by Units. The choice of options for this property determine how the scaling operation (which is performed by the client reading this object) is performed:

Option_______Datatype___Indicated Value in Units
floatScale------REAL----------Present_Value x Scale
integerScale---INTEGER-----Present_Value x 10^Scale

Are there any examples on how to set up a device for each option (scale/present_value) with regards to getting a specific result to help me understand the concept better? I think I am looking to deep.

i.e. an input goes on/off per for a pulse, the present_value increments?
then say for instance kilowatt hours or another type of metering is used, how is it calculated?

Sorry if not enough info. With feedback direction I will add more info. I'm being a bit generic since can use for different applications but I need to learn more foundation of the workings.

Thanks for any feedback.