Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I bought a pair of snowshoes last year, made by Atlas. It is nice to get out in the woods, I love it, but I am a bit surprised at how deep they sink in. I had hoped they would be a lot easier. I guess I need a little hovercraft for each foot.

Has anyone else found this?

don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Talking

I have found that a snow mobile works much better Don.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Originally posted by coolwhip
    I have found that a snow mobile works much better Don.
    LOL! And I'll bet you're not as stiff afterward as I am going to be tomorrow!

But I am always hoping to sneak up on some wild life, that helps motivate me to get out there and lug my camera along with me. Not to likely to sneak up on something in a snowmobile.

d
    HVAC Computer Systems

Thats look down hill do me,a skateboard with no wheels maybe?

Cross country skis are great for goin through the woods. There fun when you get to those hills too. In any case, atleast your getting out in the woods which is my favorite place to be. Happy holidays Don!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Originally posted by simpleman
    Thats look down hill do me,a skateboard with no wheels maybe?
    downhill is relative, simpleman! I was taking another break as I climbed that hill when I took the pic. Man, everything is uphill when you're on snowshoes!

Merry Christmas to you too coolwhip, you too simpleman.

d
    HVAC Computer Systems

Don, if you run they won’t have time to sink.

Merry X-mas to you and your family.

There are large differences in the size and design of snowshoes. Larger snowshoes mean more flotation for the same load. With a larger body weight, larger load carried and softer snow, you need a larger size snowshoe.

I can't tell how deep you are going in the picture. In relatively soft snow you are not going to stay on top, even with snowshoes of generous size.

Seattle Pioneer

Merry Christmas DON & family. I have the same problem with my beach sandels this time of year.Especialy when carring my surfboard,i sink in the sand.

Yeah Bird, but Don doesn't have to worry about any mexicans bothering him for spare change.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by SeattlePioneer
    There are large differences in the size and design of snowshoes. Larger snowshoes mean more flotation for the same load. With a larger body weight, larger load carried and softer snow, you need a larger size snowshoe.

I can't tell how deep you are going in the picture. In relatively soft snow you are not going to stay on top, even with snowshoes of generous size.

Seattle Pioneer
    Physics are dead on, Boss. If you want a pair to wander at leisure and stand as able, then you need the biggest pair of Racquetball racquets you can find. Use the same basic motion you would for skating or skiing on level ground, with a lift in your step. Set the foot before you align the spine...

If you want to make time across snow as an adversary, then get tennis racquets and speed skate,

Have fun. Have someone who knows when you should be back...
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

what are snow shoes

have 2 pair of atlases, wife and i love them. tie them on my snowmobile. they'll probably save my life someday!! lots of fun benchpressing an 800 lb sled in the sierras. go to bear valley reale state and go to web cam sheck our snow!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast